UCAS System

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

UCAS System

Post by Looking for help »

My daughter had an interview 2 or 3 weeks ago for a university course. This was followed up by a letter from the university confirming than a formal offer would follow. However nothing has so far appeared on the UCAS application on the internet. She has other offers but wants to use this particular option as her second choice. Does anyone know how we proceed - is it ok to call up the admissions tutor, or can it take some time for this to sort itself out through the UCAS system? She does not want to call :roll: , but I am getting anxious as time is moving on. :?
Thanks for any advice.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I reckon a call would be sensible - probably find that someone in the admissions office has forgotten to tell UCAS..

Personally I would act daft and ring them saying that she has had the letter and when are they likely to see the offer on UCAS.... hopefully something will happen then
Gman

Post by Gman »

As last week was reading week for many universities its likely they will only process the admissions letters this week or next.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

What's reading week?
Was a Lecturer for a few years - don't ever remember having one.
solimum

Post by solimum »

It's code for "half term"

They don't have it at the two most ancient universities....
Looking for help

Thanks for your replies, I'll give them a week or so and then maybe give them a call. My oldest's at university, he's not said anything about a reading week :shock: but that makes sense. I thought it was funny to get a letter but nothing on UCAS.
I am just a worrier, scared of missing deadlines etc
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looking for help wrote:Thanks for your replies, I'll give them a week or so and then maybe give them a call. My oldest's at university, he's not said anything about a reading week :shock: but that makes sense. I thought it was funny to get a letter but nothing on UCAS.
I am just a worrier, scared of missing deadlines etc
I can imagine I would be the same ... worried that they were going to change their minds!
Looking for help

LOL that is also true :lol: we have already changed our minds a few times so far, I want something set in stone :lol:
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Don't worry - the offer will come! My son had an interview at Reading a few weeks ago as well, and within about a week he received a lovely letter from them stating he had been 'recommended for admission to the degree program. This offer will be with you shortly'. Nothing appeared on UCAS because the offer hadn't yet been made. It was about three weeks and the offer letter came - was on the UCAS site same day. Warwick had their offer on the UCAS site a good week and a half before he got a letter from them!
Looking for help

Thanks FITV....sounds like good news for you then....now all they need to do is get the grades....... :shock: :roll: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now