Good luck for tomorrow

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

neurotic kent mum

Re: Good luck for tomorrow

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Good luck to you all. Listening to radio one this morning reminded me about the nail biting time it was and will be soon!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Master Yoyo gets his AS results today, if he can get up in time
:roll:

I am not planning too much of a celebration :wink:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

good luck for Master Yoyo!

via Facebook have discovered that my 2nd cousin once removed has got into Cambridge to read history! Really pleased for her .... though didn't actually know she had applied :oops:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Good Luck to all and I hope dc get what they need.
Amber

Post by Amber »

neurotic kent mum wrote:Good luck to you all. Listening to radio one this morning reminded me about the nail biting time it was and will be soon!
You are obviously young, as well as neurotic, Kent Mum. I haven't listened to Radio 1 since the days of DLT and Kid Jensen. Too noisy, bah humbug!

Adding my crossed fingers to those already registered. I have godchildren at the A/S stage who seem to have fared OK, but am shuddering at the mere thought that this will be me in a few short years. I read in the Times this weekend of a triple A student who had decided to get a job with an accountancy firm instead of going to university, and couldn't help thinking it was a good idea if you can pull it off.
KB

Post by KB »

Just to let you all know that we survived the results day angst - DC is officiallly an A* student :) and Uni place confirmed.
Hope everyone else's DCs achieved what was needed - thoughts and prayers are with anyone having to rethink their plans.
We had a major trauma education-wise earlier this year but I do believe it is all turning out for the best now so 'hang on in there' if things aren't so good right now.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Congratulations KB to your DC :D
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Congratulations too KB - wonderful news to your dc.
Little Belinda got 4 A's in her AS's. :D
mummog

Post by mummog »

Sigh of relief here in the mummog household. DS did not quite make the grade for his first choice but has a place to read Geography at Aberystwyth. :D We can now look forward to buying those pots and pans and door wedge thingies they all seem to need if they want to be sociable.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well done everyone's DC's. I can hear the bubbly popping from here :lol: :lol: