Applications for 2011

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Belinda

Applications for 2011

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
catcool

Re: Applications for 2011

Post by catcool »

Know how you feel. My DD got an offer last week from Nottingham. She was so relieved that someone wants her . Still waiting on the rest and it may be some time before she hears .
She sits the HAT test next week . Fingers crossed. Good luck to you all.
Last edited by catcool on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good luck with the HAT - that will be DS next year!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

catcool wrote:My DD got an offer last week from Nottingham.
Great news! My DD's first choice is Nottingham - still waiting to hear whether she has an interview. Fingers crossed!
Marylou
daughter

Post by daughter »

We are also going through this ... I am trying to balance being interested with being too interested ... a fine line as I am sure all parents know! DD has (against everyones better judgement), only applied to 2 unis ... 1 of which has replied that they won't start looking at applications until January ... the other "we" are awaiting a possible interview. Tense and worrying times especially as OH and I are strongly encouraging/hoping she will go in 2011 because of the fees sitaution (2 more DC to go).
dinah

Post by dinah »

I am a bit confused. Isn't the deadline much later for those who are not applying for Oxbridge? MY DD has applied to Oxford as one of her choices and so had to meet the 15th October deadline. I thought the deadline for other applications was much later. My DD has had emails confirming receipt of the application but saying no offers will be made until January.I am impressed by the offer from Nottingham which seems to be really quick.What I'm wondering is, if all the applicants on this thread are Oxbridge candidates and so the deadline was earlier or if I have misunderstood the process(quite likely!) and so therefore they can get offers earlier than other candidates.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

catcool

Post by catcool »

The Hat is the History Aptitude test. My daughter has applied to Oxford to study History and English as a joint honours degree and hence her application had to be in by the 15 october 2010..
Some Uni's such as Nottingham , Exeter and Southampton and a number of others have already made offers . Some Uni's will not make offers until after the deadline for all other candidates.
If you go on to the Student room website there is a thread where students are giving details as to what offers they have had so far. Makes interesting reading.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthr ... ?t=1426769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Hope I have got this link right.
It is called "2010-11 UCAS Decisions Thread"
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Marylou

Post by Marylou »

dinah wrote:What I'm wondering is, if all the applicants on this thread are Oxbridge candidates and so the deadline was earlier or if I have misunderstood the process(quite likely!) and so therefore they can get offers earlier than other candidates.
DD is applying for veterinary medicine which had to be in by 15th October, together with medicine and Oxbridge applications (and law, I think).

I was surprised to hear that some of DD's friends have had offers already, including one girl who has had four offers for engineering! There is indeed something to be said for getting the applications well before the deadline, though I don't think this necessarily applies to the courses with the earlier cut-off date.
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now