Scottish University Fees

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

another mother

Re: Scottish University Fees

Post by another mother »

Umm - guess that's our poor darlings then!

Can't see that they can maintain a sniffy policy towards the English AND keep great unis going! I find myself increasingly confused about best policy - wonder if it's really a Gap year and applying from Grannie's house?? !

The irritating thing is that the reason DD wants to go is because she really likes the spread of subjects for two years before honours choices - she's really nervous about the cold and I'm alarmed at stories of anti English attitudes at some unis - notably Edinburgh..

It's all going to be interesting to watch.

Might add that the NHS care is not always as great as you might expect for all the fanfares..
hermanmunster

Re: Scottish University Fees

Post by hermanmunster »

No agreed - it is recognised that wales and scotland are struggling in the NHS stakes as they have tried to redirect money to make some other services free. Note sure how that will pan out. I don't have any problem about DC going to Scottish Uni as he is keen on the type of courses - happy about the weather but not over keen on being taken in grudgingly (edinburgh is the main culprit here - St Andrews is pretty english anyway!) or seen as the NUS put it as a "cash cow"
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now