another mother wrote:
DD finally got her Durham offer last week - and is still waiting on both Edinburgh and St Andrews - who often go till March (!). Luckily she has the offer that she really wants so we haven't been too miserable waiting - but it seems a very long time since she got her application in. I really feel for those who are still after their first choice and am sure there must be a better way of doing this!
The Student Room is quite reassuring in terms of finding out which courses were offering when.
Yes I agree that there must be a better way of dealing with this situation - it doesn't seem fair to keep students waiting when other Uni's have already made offers! My DD submitted her choices in October and we just want to know one way or the other so that we can get on with things such as sorting out accommodation, etc.
Can I ask what subject your DD will be studying at Durham?
We've got an offer from Glasgow which we may go for if DD doesn't get into our first choice Durham.
Best of luck to your DD.