Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:53 pm 

Specifically for St Andrews, - currently trying to stop DS from withdrawing due to having to wait so long. :?
Bouga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 pm 

Have just had a quick look on the student room website and there seemed to be a number of offers and rejections given out yesterday from St Andrews. There also seemed to be a number of people still waiting. Good luck to your DS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:22 am 

I think 31st March is generally considered the last date so only another week to wait...might be worth giving the admissions dept a ring before taking any irreversible decisions! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 pm 

I have persuaded him to wait at least until the end of March. I think he's getting slightly hysterical (know the feeling!!) :lol:
Bouga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:16 am 

Bougalou, I really hope your DS gets some good news very soon! I am keeping everything crossed for him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm 

My son is still waiting to hear on final offer-again just managing to stop him withdrawing. Had heard from all his others by beginning of January.......
However we should know soon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm 

DD has an offer from Bristol but is still waiting to hear from RVC (this week probably) and Nottingham (any time up until end of April :shock: ) before she can make a final decision. Nottingham has given out some offers but is waiting until it gets responses until it hands out more...but of course some of the people it has made offers to are also waiting to hear from other universities which are either taking their time or have a policy of not making any offers at all until they have finished interviewing... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 pm 

Thank you for your good wishes. My DS is very lucky (actually he works very very hard) in that he holds an offer from Cambridge, but seeing that St Andrews was his first choice before he even started off down the whole Oxbridge route, he would like to have it as his insurance. - He has had a rejection as well.
Good luck to all who are still waiting
B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm 

Rejected. - Oh well, he will just have to try his best to get the grades he needs for Cambridge.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 pm 

Bougalou wrote:
Rejected. - Oh well, he will just have to try his best to get the grades he needs for Cambridge.

:( Sorry to hear that. Still, he's holding an offer from a superb institution so definitely a strong motivator to work hard and get those grades!

DD has finally heard back from Nottingham and RVC, both negative. She really liked Nottingham so is a bit disappointed not to have had the choice, but getting things into perspective realizes she is extremely lucky to have a vetmed place at all, given the competition for places. Just waiting for UCAS to update - taking an age - so she can accept the place at Bristol.

Good luck to your DS this summer! :)