Are any DC still waiting for offers?

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fran17

Re: Are any DC still waiting for offers?

Post by Fran17 »

Sorry to hear about the rejections. :(

Well done to both your DCs for getting offers at fantastic unis. Good luck with the results in the summer! :D
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

And still waiting.....
Interesting that the deadlines apply to the kids but not the universities :evil:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which Uni is this?
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Have to confess to a communication breakdown in the surreymum household :oops:

Offer apparently arrived at 2 mins to midnight on the 31st but he didn't think to tell his mother :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

surreymum wrote:Have to confess to a communication breakdown in the surreymum household :oops:

Offer apparently arrived at 2 mins to midnight on the 31st but he didn't think to tell his mother :D
That's really good news! :D

Though I do have another tale of woe to tell about Nottingham vet school - DD received a rejection by letter but it turns out lots of people have just been told they are on a "waiting list" and might not receive a definitive reply until 27th April! :shock: These are people who in some cases have other offers in the bag and simply want to know what options are available to them.

What seems to be happening is that Nottingham is waiting to hear how many of its first round of offers are accepted before finalizing the rest, as it's so terrified of making too many offers. Fortunately most of the other universities have finished with the process by now, but candidates still have until 9th May to make a decision so some people could be in for a long wait...

Nottingham is possibly the most popular vet school in the UK (and they know it!)so I'm not sure what to make of this way of doing things.
Marylou
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Sorry to hear of rejections MaryLou, but at least now they can put in their firm offers. DS has gone for Cambridge first - but needs A*AA and then Birmingham as his insurance AAB. I think both ours will have to work their socks off this summer - but at least they know what they have to do now - barely see DS anymore - constantly working, so I guess he deserves it, - but as we know it doesn't always work out as planned.
Any hoo all the best to all DC out there.

Bougalou