Russell group benefits?

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rob Clark

Re: Russell group benefits?

Post by Rob Clark »

Oxford Brookes maybe?

Adrian Newey, who is arguably the greatest of them all, went to Southampton. But only after getting expelled from school :lol:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

:D to all those who replied and a gold star for those who got the correct answer.

It is Oxford Brookes - 20 Motorsport Engineering grads were snapped up by Renault alone last year.

Of course it has the benefit of geography being near Silverstone and several of the UK F1 team bases.

So - if that's the dream ...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I went to UKC. lowly when I went, but a lot better regarded since..I like to think it was my influence..
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Nice to see there are TWO RGU's within commuting distance of us (Leeds and York) should DD be lucky enough (and want to study what they offer of course).
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Yay! I will cherish my gold star Guest55! We looked at Oxford Brookes and it was very impressive. :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

Fran17 wrote:Yay! I will cherish my gold star Guest55! We looked at Oxford Brookes and it was very impressive. :D
What is even more impressive is that you managed to find the right bit, Fran. I visited it last year and had to go away in the middle of the day and come back to see a different member of staff. After several tours of the Oxfordshire countryside, all of them following signs for various bits of Oxford Brookes, I did finally get back to where I should have been, a mere one and a half hours late. :oops:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Oh dear Amber. :( Thank goodness for my sat nav and a map reading son! :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Fran17 wrote:Oh dear Amber. :( Thank goodness for my sat nav and a map reading son! :lol:
Well I had neither. I do, however have a good degree from a Russell Group University; and look where that got me. Lost in the wilds of Oxfordshire.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Geography degree? :lol:

Fortunately the students have a free (to those in hall) Brookes bus to get around.

The Engineering is based at Wheatley which is outside the city.