How often do you phone?

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
solimum

Re: How often do you phone?

Post by solimum »

hermanmunster wrote:I think it makes all the difference when you can actually SEE them on Skype
And you can do skype via facebook now - so while using fb chat you can switch to video calling instantly without that annoying "whoosh" .The slight delay between picture and sound is somewhat disconcerting though!
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

Very many thanks to everyone who's posted. I think I'll have to get his brothers to show me how to skype!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

solimum wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:I think it makes all the difference when you can actually SEE them on Skype
And you can do skype via facebook now - so while using fb chat you can switch to video calling instantly without that annoying "whoosh" .The slight delay between picture and sound is somewhat disconcerting though!
I think FB / google / MSN can all use video chat but they tend to be not as slick as skype - bit of a disconnection between sound and vision. Good fun though whichever you use - give it a go Jiff .... and suggest DC tidies the room up first :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I agree. It was nice to SEE that he is surviving freshers. :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Fran17 wrote:
I agree. It was nice to SEE that he is surviving freshers. :D
Must get Skype set up - software downloaded but no microphone or webcam plugged in yet...
Marylou
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

Just skyped DS - marvellous!! And it means that his brothers and DH can all be in on the act at the same time too. Very many thanks for the suggestion, I would never have done it otherwise! :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Skype is good.....but we have found that whenever we've used it we have been speaking to the whole of my daughter's flat. Everyone has come along for a chat. While it's nice to see she's alive, I prefer just chatting to her on her own :lol:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »