Durham v Nottingham

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

poochie

Durham v Nottingham

Post by poochie »

Hi , I wondered if anyone has any opinions for studying economics at these uni's .
KB

Re: Durham v Nottingham

Post by KB »

They are pretty close in the league tables although entry standard for Durham is higher which might be significant.

Perhaps it is about the style of University experience - Durham is seen by some as aspiring to Oxbridge in that respect which can be seen as both a positive or a negative depending on your point of view.

Also worth checking the details of the course if the prospective student has a view about post-Uni plans and maybe looking at how well the graduates do with employment in chosen fields.

I do know several young people who had it as 3rd choice after Oxbridge and LSE but that is purely anecdotal.
poochie

Re: Durham v Nottingham

Post by poochie »

Thanks KB for your advice. DS spent ages deciding and was in a dilema and settled on Durham in the end both were A* AA offers although I feel he may have been more suited to Nottingham. I so hope he gets his grades especially after the maths c3 paper .He didn't apply to Oxbridge but did for LSE and was turned down.
Thanks again
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now