Continuing saga re UCAS form

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Depressed mum

Continuing saga re UCAS form

Post by Depressed mum »

Just thought all you supportive parents to my earlier thread might be interested in latest developments ...

'Secretivity' partly due to No. 1 son acquiring first girlfriend

Draft personal statement found in jacket pocket (snooper, me?), really impressed by how good it is and how my son's personality shines through

Fingers crossed, looks as though school is really encouraging UCAS application as an insurance policy, if nothing else. Will back right off for a while and see if he is forthcoming.

Mind you, have yet to meet the girlfriend!
mum3

UCAS

Post by mum3 »

Hopefully he can just sit back and wait for those offers now....which I am sure will be forthcoming, esp with a good personal statement. I too was completely surprised by my son's effort, I never knew he had it in him! They can fool you, these boys....acquisition of girlfriend explains a lot too!
Guest1965

Post by Guest1965 »

And then maybe you could change your user name, when those offers do come in!
Good luck to both you and your son. :D

Post by Guest »

:D
I had the same issue with my son.

Thankfully his girlfriend has jut finished with him and he is back on an even keele.

I cannot believe what a different child he was.

My biggest worry was that they would go to the same uni. and she had him running around after her constantly.

Hopefully he has seen the light (wishful thinking I know)
solimum

girlfriends

Post by solimum »

Girlfriends are not necessarily a bad thing. My youngest says her two older brothers are much pleasanter people when they have a girlfriend around! I just hope there are no traumatic break-ups around next June......