How much weekly allowance to give at London University?

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: How much weekly allowance to give at London University?

Post by southbucks3 »

Two lads that work in our local co-op commute into London daily for uni. They all intended to find their feet first and then move, but the lure of mum's cooking, peace and quiet of the country and simplicity of the commute (about an hour plus tube) lured them home. They do various shifts in the shop, up to 10pm and weekends too and always seem happy and very chatty.

Of course I have told my boys not to get any notion of that....I have bought the champagne already for their great depart! :twisted:
marigold

Re: How much weekly allowance to give at London University?

Post by marigold »

I am with Southbucks and the champagne. It may be a bit tearful when they go at the beginning of year 1 but having had had my daughter home since June I am counting the days until she heads off back down the M4 for her third year in October ( If I have to pick one one more damp towel or buttery knife... )
As we are very near London quite a few from her school seemed to stay at home. Two friends doing this dropped out and reapplied to universities further away as they sincerely felt they were missing out on university life, or perhaps their Mum's had discovered one too many damp towels.

It may also be worth looking into how many days they need to be in. If they have to be in everyday ( a lot of the sciences) I would have thought a train ticket at peak times for five days would be about the same as a weeks rent.

Amber ...have heard v good things about Freiburg, fees E210 per year for all EU nationals.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now