Aargh! 11+ could be postponed because of snow!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

muffinmonster

Aargh! 11+ could be postponed because of snow!

Post by muffinmonster »

Title says it all, really - the Redbridge website (http://www.redbridge.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) says that they may postpone the 11+ if the weather is too bad. They will post an announcement online tomorrow (Sunday) at 6pm.

Wondering when they will do it if not Monday. A Saturday in January is likely to clash with independent school exams, but they can't do a schoolday as the venues are all schools (as far as I know).

Also wondering what to do if DS has to keep practising VR and NVR, because I am running out of practice materials! Have used up all the precious NFER papers which we saved for the final stretch. Not to mention that I was hoping to concentrate on English composition for indies once the 11+ is out of the way.

Praying for the snow to melt....
bromley mum

Re: Aargh! 11+ could be postponed because of snow!

Post by bromley mum »

Have you done the Bond 10 minutes tests? I found them particularly useful to keep things ticking over.
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

No we haven't - thanks for the suggestion. Ticking over is exactly what's needed, I think.

Fingers crossed for the announcement this evening, but there's thick snow everywhere.
Abba

Post by Abba »

Its on!

Good luck to all mums and dads with the trip up to exam centres and to all children taking the exam!
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Hooray! DS is very pleased.

Let's hope they don't keep us queuing out of doors for registration as they did when my DD did the 11+ in 2007. Brrrr....
moved

Post by moved »

Thinking of you all. Hope it is a good day.

Moved
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Thanks, moved.

Seems to have gone quite well - DS said there were no surprises (so the change in setup hasn't meant a change in the actual papers). He finished the VR, but not the NVR, where he missed out three questions (why?!! - I told him always to mark something) and had to make educated guesses at a few more. But he seemed quite relaxed and said it wasn't noticeably more difficult than the practice papers he's done.

So glad Redbridge went ahead - I would hate to have had it postponed.

Indie exams in January, and then we wait.
moved

Post by moved »

Welcome to the waiting crowd on the forum. At least you get indie results quickly.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now