Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Allegations of cheating
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:09 pm 

Has anyone heard of allegations of cheating, some children seeing the paper before the exam. My DD said a child in the exam said they had done the paper before.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:24 pm 

I heard the same thing. My understanding is that it is the same tutor yet again.
I did speak to Redbridge council today and I was assured this could not have happened as Redbridge use new papers from this year and every year going forward to aoid this. So I am a little confused.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:40 pm 

It appears that a few children said the same thing of doing this paper already, they discussed during their lunch break on how they thought the paper went. I also have heard it is a particular Tutor. I will be calling Redbridge tomorrow council to see what their response is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:43 pm 

do you know which paper it was ? Could it have been the practice paper ? kids are so well prepared they do "hundreds" of papers.
Call me naive if you want but I cannot believe anyone could have had seen the papers beforehand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:03 pm 

I have heard of allegations of cheating in the past when the exam was held on two different days - apparently tutors would phone children who had done it on the Saturday, find out all they could, and then brief children sitting the exam on Sunday.

Can't really see how it could be done with the new setup. Surely Redbridge can't be using 'off-the-peg' papers that are widely available?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:24 am 

I have also heard allegations of cheating. Many children said they already done the actual exam paper of Verbal and NV the day before the exam date with the tutor . This is despicable. I have been said the same tutor is currently working in the educational side in the coucil and coaching more than 100 students this time. Could the council investigate this matter. One person's attitude is going to affect all the children who done the exam.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 am 

in Kent they use Nfer papers as a practice paper. This year is was 11A

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:14 pm 

I have just phoned round a lot of my friends and parents and I too believe that this years papers were leaked before Monday's exam.

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted. I have heard from several parents that some children actually finished their papers after only 10 mins into the test and the children had seen the papers before.

I request all parents to lodge a complaint to your local MP as well as the Local Authority.

I don't have much faith in the Local Authority as this is the third year in a row were there has been some collusion, and Redbridge LEA brushed under the carpet previous incidents, i.e. corruption is all ready spread amongst Education Department.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 pm 

If this has really happened, then it is appalling. I would gladly complain to Redbridge, but I have absolutely no evidence beyond what I have heard on this forum. I have asked my DS and he says he did not hear anybody mention having seen the papers before.

Others in this thread have made references to 'the same tutor', someone who apparently works for Redbridge Council in education. If you do ineed have any knowledge of this person, or have been told by your DCs that they heard of children who had seen the papers before, then please do contact the council and complain in the strongest possible terms.

Cheating of this kind is a shocking betrayal of all the children who sit the exam having honestly prepared and done their best. It is also a betrayal of those children who were 'prepped' in this way. Are we to suppose that their parents have colluded in this? It also does a disservice to the school. The selection process is a blunt instrument at best, but if there is cheating going on, what chance is there of the grammar school places going to those who truly merit them?

Last edited by muffinmonster on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:36 pm 

i am really stressed out to know that this may be happening. To know that my daughter has gone through this mental torture whilst others have cheated, im feeling really bad for her. I dont want to sit quiet on this. has anyone reported this? please let me know. if there have been no reports then i will make the complaints full heartedly. All children deserve to be selected on merit only!!

can the person who mentioned 'the same tutors' have done this, please come forward and disclose who the tutors are, in fairness to all children who have worked hard relentlessly over the past one year (even more in some cases).

please lets unite on this and have this situation investigated asap

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next