Allegations of cheating

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KeepCool

Re: Allegations of cheating

Post by KeepCool »

Pushpo wrote:I have just phoned round a lot of my friends and parents and I too believe that this years papers were leaked before Monday's exam.

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted. I have heard from several parents that some children actually finished their papers after only 10 mins into the test .
I don't believe any child could finish after 10 minutes. Even if they had done the paper before, they still need to read the questions and find the answer - suspect this one belongs in the myths and legends thread.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

easy to finish in 10 mins .... just write anything - however unlikely to pass i would think.....
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

I rang the Admissions Dept. this afternoon and they confirmed that they had a number of parents ring up. Their response was that the practice papers they had used were commercially available and that there was a possibility that some of the children may had seen them before. However, they refuted any claim that the actual exam papers would have been seen before. They told me that these were not commercially available, were kept under lock and key and only seen by long serving and trusted members of their staff.

So at the risk of giving offence, which is not my intention, can we throw some light onto this disturbing situation.

Dd34, did your DD say if it was the exam or practice test that some children had seen before? You also said you heard it was a particular tutor, do you have a name?
Did you give both these pieces of information to the Admissions Dept. and what was their response?

Fusspot99, do you have the name of the tutor, and if so, did you give this information to the Admission Dept. and what was their response?

The lion, do you have the name of the tutor and his/her's position on the Council and have you tried ringing them and passing on this information? If so, what was their response?

Pushpo, had the DC of the friends and parents you rang seen the exam papers before the Monday test or had they too heard this from other children who sat the exam? Are you able to confirm if it was a practice paper or an exam paper that they saw? Did you ring Admissions Dept. with this information and what was their response?

I think the answers to these questions would be a great help to all the worried parents reading this forum.

Hopefuldad, the number for Ilford County was 851 last year, so assume the same again for Woodford, according to a results posting on this forum.
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Great post, Sparrow.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Nice one Sparrow.

Thanks for your PM dd34

As mentioned by others, lets get our facts straight before accusing people of cheating, this is a very serious accusation, and please no more scaremongering.

Lets all enjoy the holidays.
Zain1

Post by Zain1 »

Thanks for the post sparrow, hoping that responses will be received so that the issues can be cleared up.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Hopefuldad wrote:Nice one Sparrow.

Thanks for your PM dd34

As mentioned by others, lets get our facts straight before accusing people of cheating, this is a very serious accusation, and please no more scaremongering.

Lets all enjoy the holidays.

]Yes, exactly, if it is true then you need to go about it correctly with plenty of evidence to back you up and scaremongering will not help anyone.

yoyo
dd34

Post by dd34 »

Hi All,

In response I can only go according to what my daughter said which was another child saying they had done the paper before which was the Main paper, not the practice. With regard to the Tutor I do not have evidence. I can only go with what my daughter has said and can only put forward to Redbridge what my child has said.
dd34

Post by dd34 »

Sorry forgot to answer the rest of Sparrow's question. Redbridge response was exactly the same as what you had said whether it could have been the practice paper as the Main paper is not released. They told me to put it in writing to them.
Abba

Post by Abba »

Now this is based on the information from one of the children who was in the same classroom as the child who had apparently done the paper before hand.

It appears that a girl stood up in the middle of the NVR exam and told the invigilator that she had done the same paper beforehand (can’t recall whether that was the practice or the actual exam). I was told that the invigilator wrote a note on the girl’s paper.

As I said that this is based on an account given by a 10 year old and I was treating this quite lightly…but looking at the doubts expressed by others I now suspect there may be more to it!