2011 Entry - Results only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tomcat

2011 Entry - Results only

Post by tomcat »

All parents/guardians of children who took the exams for Sept 2011 entry, post your results here.

May I request that parent who have already posted, do so again please so results are in one location.

I think the scores, the ranking, whether you got offered a place and whether you intend to take it are all that is needed in the post.

So far the "2011 redbridge results" thread has approx 10 out of 1500 results posted and its being used as a general discussion room. Have a look at the "Essex" pages where the parents put us to shame. They are actively using the forum to track the thresholds for offers of a place as well as posting acceptance decisions to give parent on the waiting list hope.

If you need more motivation for posting, consider the cheating allegations. This year (for the first time), Redbridge Council are not even going to tell head teachers how their children did in the exams. This means that the people that know our children best, their teachers, can't escalate issues to the council around mediocre kids having passed and star pupils having failed.

Added to this, a parent and child suspected of attending a rogue tutor at my child's school are being very coy about whether they indeed passed or failed. I'm waiting for a last minute "oh I got in via the waitlist". To be honest, that will seal it for me and I'll walk away from the Redbridge 11+ Selection process with my mind made up on the cheating allegations.

All of the above, makes this thread and a record of as many scores as possible, an invaluable collection of evidence if the allegations are investigated independently.
tomcat

Re: 2011 Entry - Post your Child's Results ONLY - NOTHING EL

Post by tomcat »

My DD...

NVR 56/75 - 103
VR 81/90 - 117

Total Standardised 220 / Ranked 190

Not offered at WCHS
muffinmonster

Re: 2011 Entry - Post your Child's Results ONLY - NOTHING EL

Post by muffinmonster »

As already posted elsewhere:

DS's scores (June birthday):

Non-verbal raw: 64/75
Non verbal standardised: 116
Verbal raw: 83/90
Verbal standardised: 121
Total: 237

We have declined the place, as DS is going to Forest.
tomcat

Re: 2011 Entry - Results only

Post by tomcat »

OK - so its safe to assume that Redbridge parents have no interest in publishing their DCs results. I think within this forum, we managed to collate something like 10 out of 1500 results - thats poor! Especially in the light of the cheating allegations. It would have been really useful for parents of "bright kids" who were unsuccessful to publish their results.

I guess human nature dictates that those that pass, move on. Those that were way off passing, also move on. In the case of Redbridge, even the borderlines appear to have lost interest.

So Sept 2011 entry has now come to a close for us. I apologise to all Sept 2012 entry parents for the lack of results engagement in this forum. In terms of pass marks and what your kids need to achieve to stand a chance of entry, you will need to ascertain from other sources. Info on waiting list movement is also something that you will not obtain from this forum.

So good luck to all the DC that worked so hard last year and best wishes for success in the future.

At the same time, I look forward to reading about the Sept 2012 cheating scandal later this year. Apologies for the sarcasm but I heard all the rumours of cheating this year but evidently no one produced any tangible evidence. I forsee this becoming a regular Redbridge scandal.