RE : I know many of us have chosen KEGS & CCHS as 2nd choice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shagor21

Re: RE : I know many of us have chosen KEGS & CCHS as 2nd ch

Post by shagor21 »

ahap wrote:Hi shagor21,

If a child passes his/her first choice he/she will be given his/her first choice only.

If a child passes the first and the second choice of schools he/she will be given his/her first choice only.

If a child fails his/her first choice then his/her 2nd choice will move up and it will be his/her first choice and if he/she passes the 2nd choice which is now have become the first choice then he / she will be given a place for their 2nd choice which is now their first choice.

However at the last minute if you decide to go for the 2nd choice because you have passed both and had been offered the first choice and you don't want to take it and you want to go for the 2nd choice, you have to let the relevant authorities know and the child will be put on a waiting list according to the child's rank for their 2nd choice.

I hope this is helps.
Thank you very much, ahap for the information. But what do think about the comment made by moved?

moved wrote:
I had 2 pupils who took the Redbridge and Essex 11+ exams last year. Both passed both tests. One chose CCHS as the parents preferred it. The other chose the school nearest to home. Both pupils were girls and both sets of parents said they would be happy with either school.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Shagor21,
I think they had already chosen their schools in the application form and had taken the tests for both and they passed and had been offered according to their first preference.
Both have been from Redbridge but one had put CCHS as their first preference and the other had put WCHS as their first preference. This is what I think because only one offer will be made on the1st of March.

or may have been on the waiting list and got in to CCHS? :roll:
moved we need you...... :?
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
nayab69

Post by nayab69 »

shagor21 wrote:Hi nayab69,
Same as you but you never know, but you know the saying , '' for education travel as far as upto China''.

Regards.
So true.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

My daughter passed both CCHS and WCHS, our first choice was CCHS and thats where she goes. The day is long but she somehow manages it.

Here is a scenario regarding travel :-

From where I live, WCHS is about 50mins away by public transport and the return could take as long as 1 hr 15 min depending on her getting to the buses first.

From where I live, CCHS is about 1 hr 5 mins both ways, by contract bus service.

So the difference in time for the school that is 15 miles further away is negligible (nothing). Plus I know the security on a contract bus would be better than on public transport.

Everybody has different circumstances, and the choice of school is a difficult decision. whatever you choose your child will adapt to it.

Good luck

HD
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

Hi HD,
As always , thank you very much for informative message & a food for thought.
What did you mean by contract bus service?
How can this contract bus service can be contacted?

How long will it take by public transport from Ley Street, Ilford to ICHS or WCHS?
Similarly how long will it take by bus service from Ley Street, Ilford to KEGS or CCHS?

Kind regards.
moved

Post by moved »

Thought I had posted last night, both my girls got their first choices. One chose Woodford and one Chelmsford.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now