11+ 2013 entrance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
prospect

11+ 2013 entrance

Post by prospect »

Hi all

I am preparing my daughter for 2013 entrance and have been using the Bond books for prep. However, I now understand that Redbridge use the 'GL assessment ' company to write their papers. My question is whether or not I should abandon Bond for GL.

Many thanks in advance

Prospect
nethermancer

Re: 11+ 2013 entrance

Post by nethermancer »

The Bond books are a crucial foundation and should be gone through with a timetable, perhaps one book a week. Do the easy ones first and aim to have the 13+ books done a month before the exam. That gives you plenty of time for the GL VR and NVR papers. Do not even look at the papers until then - doing so will only frighten you and your DC - the difficulty is that of the 13+ Bond books. Also, if you run out of Bond books there are others in the shop you might want to try, particularly the intro to VR and NVR books as they coach in a different manner to the Bond books (these can be done before the Bond books as they are easy but provide guidance which the Bond books do not).
Manana

Post by Manana »

nethermancer wrote:The Bond books are a crucial foundation and should be gone through with a timetable, perhaps one book a week. Do the easy ones first and aim to have the 13+ books done a month before the exam. That gives you plenty of time for the GL VR and NVR papers. Do not even look at the papers until then - doing so will only frighten you and your DC - the difficulty is that of the 13+ Bond books. Also, if you run out of Bond books there are others in the shop you might want to try, particularly the intro to VR and NVR books as they coach in a different manner to the Bond books (these can be done before the Bond books as they are easy but provide guidance which the Bond books do not).

Eek-we're Essex, but not Redbridge. Are the exams different in Redbridge and is it common to do the 13+ Bond books beforehand? We're only on the 10-11 ones!!
nethermancer

Post by nethermancer »

Most exams are of the 11-12 standard and ideally you will need to train at a higher level to differentiate your DC from her peers. Pass marks are high so you need to consistently be at 90+%.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now