Results 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wellwisher

Re: Results

Post by Wellwisher »

Joseph wrote:Hi Wellwisher,
Thanks for the information. Do you know the last rank they took last year?
Based on the letter received, lowest score offered

WC IC
2012 225 224
2011 223 221
2010 227 222
2009 223 228
2008 224 226

Mine's a July born

Hope this helps.

Wellwisher
Wellwisher

Post by Wellwisher »

Joseph wrote:Dear all,
upto which rank ICHS is going to take?
It does not work based on whick rank you have achieved unless you are in the top 120, provided pupils who have achieved the same rank i.e. 2 at 10th rank, the 11th rank is skipped and next is 12th, then it is sort of definite. However, the lowest score mentioned is dependant on the scores achieved by other pupils, how many have accepted the place offered etc for that year. Therefore, the guide is only to ascertain if your child has a realistic chance. Furthermore, I feel the lowest scores could be higher since Essex grammar Schools have reduced their intakes from outside their catchment area and hence, the will be more pupils from Redbridge who shall be accepting their place in WC and IC. Just my thought.
natashasmum

Post by natashasmum »

Can someone give some advice please? Our DD ranked 100 with 234 score. Can we be absolutely sure that she will get a place at WCHS? Many thanks.
Wellwisher

Post by Wellwisher »

natashasmum wrote:Can someone give some advice please? Our DD ranked 100 with 234 score. Can we be absolutely sure that she will get a place at WCHS? Many thanks.
Like I have mentioned in my earlier thread, a score of 234 should have no problem in securing a place. Since there are only 120 places, a rank of 100 is guaranteed. However, what I am not sure of is, there will be many pupils with the same score and hence, have the same rank. What will be useful for you to find out is if students with the same rank, say 3 at rank 10, will the next student be ranked 14th. If that is the case, then 100 is more or less guaranteed.
Anyway, your DD has done very well and enjoy the day.
Wellwisher

Post by Wellwisher »

mum=worry wrote:Hi first time post.
My daughter has scored 230. From the letter which includes some jargon I understand 225 is needed to secure a Woodford place. She is ranked 123 I know there are only 120 places. Is 230 score plus rank 123 enough any wise words from anybody? wonder what the score for Woodford rank 1 is just out of curiosity. I hope everyone has understood their letters easily. Good luck to all those still waiting.
Just a thought!

Someone in this forum mentioned that their daughter have achieved 234 and have been ranked 100 and you have mentioned you DD has scored 230 and has been ranked 123. Therefore, between 100 and 123, there seems to be a variation of 3 points.

I am sure your DD will secure a place in WCHS since there will be girls who will be going to private schools, Essex schools etc and you only require 3 to change their mind. Therefore rest assured, you are in a very strong position :D
mum=worry

Post by mum=worry »

Wellwisher wrote:
mum=worry wrote:Hi first time post.
My daughter has scored 230. From the letter which includes some jargon I understand 225 is needed to secure a Woodford place. She is ranked 123 I know there are only 120 places. Is 230 score plus rank 123 enough any wise words from anybody? wonder what the score for Woodford rank 1 is just out of curiosity. I hope everyone has understood their letters easily. Good luck to all those still waiting.
Just a thought!

Someone in this forum mentioned that their daughter have achieved 234 and have been ranked 100 and you have mentioned you DD has scored 230 and has been ranked 123. Therefore, between 100 and 123, there seems to be a variation of 3 points.

I am sure your DD will secure a place in WCHS since there will be girls who will be going to private schools, Essex schools etc and you only require 3 to change their mind. Therefore rest assured, you are in a very strong position :D

Hi wellwisher thanks for your comment.
Since then I have spoken to another wise person we now think upto rank 130 for girls will get through. My other DD five years ago was rank 32 hence there was no suspense. Anyway I shall be calling Lynton House on Monday.
RI25

Post by RI25 »

Hi everyone

My DS scored 234 ranked 96

NVRS 62/75
NVSS 115
VRS 81/90
VSS 119

Hope this bit of information helps someone for next year.
Well done to all the children and best wishes for the future. :D
Proud-mummy

Post by Proud-mummy »

Hello Everyone,

My DD also scored 234 and ranked 101. So it is definite that they have different ranks for children with the the same score. I think it must be distances that decide on the ranking as we don't live that close to the school. I think the letter is very confusing and complicated, I dont't understand why they cannot make it simple and state that if your child rank within 120 and that you live in the catchment area and want to come to this school, you have definately secured a place. Instead they make it so complicated that make everyone worry unneccesarily and as parent I would want to assure my child that she has got a place, not "we are still not 100% sure and have to wait until march"!

I just want to share our throughts and hope this information is useful.
Good luck for the application! :D
LIT

Post by LIT »

Hi all,

My daughter was yet another to get 234 and was ranked 97 (I think - am divorced and this was not my weekend to have the kids). I am very proud of her as she had very little preparation for this - after visiting the school in July we decided it was not the best place for her to continue to enjoy learning. She had started doing a few test papers and books at Easter (all I could afford to buy) but co-ordinated tuition was never really an option.

There are some very good schools in Redbridge - and despite what scaremongers would have you believe your child is not doomed to failure if they do not go to a grammar school.

I wish you and your kids all the best.
inam

Post by inam »

hi all my dd has scored 251 and ranked 3oth. extremely happy for for her.
71/75
80/90
:D :D :D :D :D :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now