Final Preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rainbow Petals

Final Preparation

Post by Rainbow Petals »

So there is now less than two months left! :o What final preparation are you doing with your sons and daughters? :)
KhadijahA-R

Re: Final Preparation

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Just going over any weaknesses...........and it is too hot 8) so very relaxed in this household this past week :D
I probably should pull my socks up for the final push, but I intend to do very little over the last two weeks. I want to make sure my ds is relaxed and not tired. 8)
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

KhadijahA-R wrote:Just going over any weaknesses...........and it is too hot 8) so very relaxed in this household this past week :D
I probably should pull my socks up for the final push, but I intend to do very little over the last two weeks. I want to make sure my ds is relaxed and not tired. 8)
Absolutely! :) Good luck to your son! :)

This side of the forum is always so quiet. :(
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Rainbow Petals wrote:
KhadijahA-R wrote:Just going over any weaknesses...........and it is too hot 8) so very relaxed in this household this past week :D

Thankyou, and good luck to your brother!
This part is very quiet indeed. I have been a little quieter than usual the past week or so, so maybe everyone feels like me. Nothing new to report, just milling along.
Ds has now started to get 95% in NVR practice papers, and is saying he finds them easy, so things are looking up.
He even managed to pull out 100% on one occasion, and I had to double check he hadn't cheated :shock:
With vocabulary, he is still learning the odd new word here and there, and is mostly working on homonyms, homophones, antonyms and synonyms. He still enjoys crossword puzzles, which he can indulge in due to the summer hols.
I don't think it is a co-incidence that his marks and speed have suddenly increased during the summer, since he has no homework, and no stress . My ds has autism, and while he is high-functioning, he did find his school socially exhausting, especially since they weren't very helpful with adjustments. So glad that is all over and he can relax before the test.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

KhadijahA-R wrote:
Rainbow Petals wrote:

Thankyou, and good luck to your brother!
This part is very quiet indeed. I have been a little quieter than usual the past week or so, so maybe everyone feels like me. Nothing new to report, just milling along.
Ds has now started to get 95% in NVR practice papers, and is saying he finds them easy, so things are looking up.
He even managed to pull out 100% on one occasion, and I had to double check he hadn't cheated :shock:
With vocabulary, he is still learning the odd new word here and there, and is mostly working on homonyms, homophones, antonyms and synonyms. He still enjoys crossword puzzles, which he can indulge in due to the summer hols.
I don't think it is a co-incidence that his marks and speed have suddenly increased during the summer, since he has no homework, and no stress . My ds has autism, and while he is high-functioning, he did find his school socially exhausting, especially since they weren't very helpful with adjustments. So glad that is all over and he can relax before the test.
Thanks haha, it's my sister actually. :P That's great to hear about your son! And those NVR grades are brilliant. :D Absolutely, with my sister I also found that she does better now than when she initially started during the school year.
LittleMissMama

Post by LittleMissMama »

It really is scary that all our hard work will be assessed on the 2nd Sept! We really are in the final stretch.......... :shock:
At the risk of sounding bit thick :| , does anyone know if the venue has been announced for the 11+ sittings?

I am really nervous as my dd is still showing signs of weakness in NVR and this is worrying me..........is anyone experiencing similar traits in their children?
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

LittleMissMama wrote:It really is scary that all our hard work will be assessed on the 2nd Sept! We really are in the final stretch.......... :shock:
At the risk of sounding bit thick :| , does anyone know if the venue has been announced for the 11+ sittings?

I am really nervous as my dd is still showing signs of weakness in NVR and this is worrying me..........is anyone experiencing similar traits in their children?
Hi there :)

We should get a letter with the details of the test arrangements two weeks before the test so hopefully that is next week. I am worried as well actually, my sister's performance has suddenly declined in NVR and it is not as though she can't do these questions untimed, but under timed conditions she doesn't do as well as she used to.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

We have taken a lovely break :D , just the odd app & random tuition. We planned a break & luckily the weather was far too hot to achieve anything worthwhile for the effort.

I travel all around East London for work & had a chance to see the activity around the tuition centres. Amazingly over the previous 2 to 3 weeks, I saw a huge upsurge in children visiting them! I have to applaud the sheer dedication of these kids being cooked like eggs on the pavements.

We will now step up the pace full throttle, but to be honest I am feeling totally chilled, physically & mentally :lol: .

The impending arrival of the test centre details may shock me into serious effort :roll: .
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now