Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:29 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 am
Posts: 141
The current test is an OCR type paper, so I was thinking about the tools for the job I.e. erasers /rubbers & pencils etc.

My other field-tested a couple of erasers & a good one is the Helix Hi-tech for paper & film. It is light but firm & doesn't crumble.

_________________
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm
Posts: 88
Fat pigeon wrote:
The current test is an OCR type paper, so I was thinking about the tools for the job I.e. erasers /rubbers & pencils etc.

My other field-tested a couple of erasers & a good one is the Helix Hi-tech for paper & film. It is light but firm & doesn't crumble.


OCR as in the exam board that is used for GCSEs and A-Levels? I find that the pencils and rubbers from Amazon called Five Star Office are really good and inexpensive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm
Posts: 112
Rainbow Petals wrote:
Fat pigeon wrote:
The current test is an OCR type paper, so I was thinking about the tools for the job I.e. erasers /rubbers & pencils etc.

My other field-tested a couple of erasers & a good one is the Helix Hi-tech for paper & film. It is light but firm & doesn't crumble.


OCR as in the exam board that is used for GCSEs and A-Levels? I find that the pencils and rubbers from Amazon called Five Star Office are really good and inexpensive.

We use them too.
So bizarre that children are not allowed to take a pencil case in with them....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm
Posts: 88
KhadijahA-R wrote:
Rainbow Petals wrote:
Fat pigeon wrote:
The current test is an OCR type paper, so I was thinking about the tools for the job I.e. erasers /rubbers & pencils etc.

My other field-tested a couple of erasers & a good one is the Helix Hi-tech for paper & film. It is light but firm & doesn't crumble.


OCR as in the exam board that is used for GCSEs and A-Levels? I find that the pencils and rubbers from Amazon called Five Star Office are really good and inexpensive.

We use them too.
So bizarre that children are not allowed to take a pencil case in with them....


I don't find it that bizarre that they are not allowed to take pencil cases but then again that might be because I am so used to not taking pencil cases into exams myself. I don't see the harm with transparent pencil cases but the positive side to this is at least the kids won't be hearing zip noises throughout the exams and they'll have more space on their tables. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm
Posts: 112
I don't find it that bizarre that they are not allowed to take pencil cases but then again that might be because I am so used to not taking pencil cases into exams myself. I don't see the harm with transparent pencil cases but the positive side to this is at least the kids won't be hearing zip noises throughout the exams and they'll have more space on their tables. :P[/quote]
Haha! so true...
Brings to mind an exam I did at uni.I had a ribena carton, stuck the straw in, and somehow managed to create a vacuum, Ribena squirted everywhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm
Posts: 88
Khadijah-A-R wrote:
Haha! so true...
Brings to mind an exam I did at uni.I had a ribena carton, stuck the straw in, and somehow managed to create a vacuum, Ribena squirted everywhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:


:lol: Oh dear! You were allowed to bring a drink in the format of a carton in a university exam? I don't think we are as far as I am aware. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Test Day stationery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 6685
Location: Herts
It makes total sense not to allow pencil cases. Can you imagine the enormous things that some students would turn up with? In one of my dd's exams a Dalek lunch box went off and it took the staff some time to find it and remove it while it chanted "Exterminate" over and over again! The noise of other candidates can be a real problem. You don't want students fiddling with pencil cases and it helps them get used to the regime of GCSE's and A Levels where there is nothing at all except Maths instruments. DG


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016