Exam format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fat pigeon

Re: Exam format

Post by Fat pigeon »

That's o.k. baffled :)

Re: Timed sections for NVR only see page 4 under "High level of ability"

http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/childr ... ction.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Sorry it is under >Guidance notes on essential information about the test (PDF 41.1 KB) - See more at: http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/childr ... DvZEw.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

baffled wrote:hey all - (thanks fat pigeon for abreviation breakdown!lol)

and are you guys really sure that it will be in timed sections as i always thought it would be one whole paper to do within allotted time and not in sections as i have not heard of that from anyone?????????????????yikes that will be tough if so.........................
Yes absolutely sure, one of my siblings sat this test recently and he also did this exam in separately timed sections. It will be the same this year.
baffled

Post by baffled »

thanks guys - after i read the forum i made a mad panic call and ended up speaking to mrs beard herself who was very nice!!! and yes she confirmed that each part would be timed for nvr - i totally must have read over the guidance notes!!!!!anyway 4 days of cramming left!!! hi hooooooooooooooooooooooooo
kelwaypops

Post by kelwaypops »

does anyone know if the questions for either nv or vr are mulitple choice questions? ta
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Hi KP, both are multiple choice :wink:
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ge-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kelwaypops

Post by kelwaypops »

thank you, dd asked me (i was reading some of the posts, she came up behind me and then pulled up a chair as was enjoying reading them!). funny really, we drove past where she will be taking the exam on monday (south woodford). she isn't nervous particularly although tbh i'm not either. i never really thought she would get in, not with so many people trying for so few places and up against so many who have done so much preparation. she has done some although it would appear to be a drop in the ocean in comparison to some of you guys on here :-D tbh i don't mind if she ends up at the local comp as it is supposedly very good. her tutor told me she didn't think my dd would like wch, said she tutors/has tutored a few who go there and don't like it. oddly enough one of the girls who showed us around on the open day told me in confidence that she didn't like it there and that she wanted to really be at forest school (i would love dd to go there too....). ho hum. i know i will be nervous when she is doing the exam. i've never taken her to any of her music exams as i can't bear listening to her from outside incase she makes a mistake thus dh always takes her :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now