Saturday 12th October 2013 RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rainbow Petals

Re: Saturday 12th October 2013 RESULTS

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Congratulations/commiserations everyone and also thank you for all the help this past year! :)
bambi2013

Post by bambi2013 »

received results for DD this morning

NV RS 60/75
SS 109

V RS 78/90
SS 111

Total 220

Rank 209
Cut Off 220.

Letter was very confusing, so close but so far, DD is quite upset but we are taking her out to cheer her up later :(
hawkie007

Post by hawkie007 »

DS result:

NV raw: 69/75
NV std: 128

V raw: 88/90
V std: 133

Total: 261

Home tutored.
amandee

Post by amandee »

hawkie007 wrote: Home tutored.
Same here !
huma

Post by huma »

nv 70/75
ssnv 131
vr 84/90
ssvr 121
total score 252
rank 29
:D so pleased for her. oct born
Good luck to all still waiting for results.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Thanks guys, I received great support from the wonderful human beings on this forum, & I feel for u & I am really shocked to see the results, especially eastern & KhadijahAR :shock: !

Eastern u were getting circa top 20 in the independent computer EPE apps out of all those nationwide who were taking part, timings & accuracy were top notch. Not only that u were confident enough to take the Latymer exams.

KhadijahAR like u we were finding the most difficult papers.

As you know Im a bit of an OCD statto when I'm free, I recently checked our own past papers & found that my OHs calculation of dds percentages were incorrect by a factor of 10% & added 10-20 minutes extra e.g. 85% should be 95% & 40 minute completion time was actually 20 minutes.

I know that the 11+ measures just a narrow part of the academic spectrum, so I'm confident that as long as u are like Muhammad Ali, getting knocked down but getting up again, we will see your dcs flying in the 16+ exams. After all, as someone said your dcs have shining stars behind them :D .

Well done to those got the golden tickets & I hope that u are positive & inspirational to the great schools 8) , like Dogtanian helping everyone.

My normally exceptionally cheerful & resilient dd burst out in a flood of tears. She didn't let us down, as she couldn't have done any more. We are all lucky to have such gems.

I'm a bit lost now, so I'll probably pop in sometime e.g. See if KhadijahAR remaining dcs r here, & looking at the gcse tips extra.

Freaky weather in 11+ Land :roll: - Peace.
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
nayab69

Post by nayab69 »

just got the results
non verbal raw score 57/75
standardised score 107
verbal raw score 79/90
standardised score 114
total score 221
ranked no 227
july born.
last year ICHS lowest score offered at 221 so i am confuse.Can someone tell me if he has a chance or not.good luck to anyone who is waiting and congratulations to everyone who passed.
kelwaypops

Post by kelwaypops »

dd didn't do very well, don't even want to put up her scores as no point really. i knew she wouldn't do well as i was taking the old fashioned path and letting her do it on (mostly) natural ability. dd didn't do any work over the summer and only went to a tutor once a week in term time just so she was (supposedly) made familiar with vr & nvr although it turned out her time with her tutor didn't turn out to be what i thought i was paying for.. Truth of the matter is, i am not disappointed. Most of the state schools are really good around here and close by. There are so many clever kids that go to these schools and thrive and i am sure my dd and your children will do as well. If i am honest, i am not overly thrilled about her going to a state school because i do worry about bad influences ie bullying/boys although the females bullying could happen anywhere. dd is naturally clever and is in top sets in her school, i don't doubt her ability. I have been told this morning that the cleverest girl in dd's school who took the 11+ also didn't get in. our kids will still go to uni' and create good lives for themselves :-)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

amandee wrote: Just very confused if she managed to get a place or not, as the letter says "This letter, therefore, is neither an offer nor a refusal of a place at the grammer school"
The letter is just giving you your child's results from the entrance exam - the actual offer of a place can only come via your LA on National Offer Day in March next year (even if it may be obvious from a child's ranking that a place is theirs for the asking, so to speak). The school has no way of knowing that you actually want a place there - as opposed to you wanting your child to take the test - until the LA tells it that you have listed it as a preference on your CAF.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

nayab69 wrote:just got the results
non verbal raw score 57/75
standardised score 107
verbal raw score 79/90
standardised score 114
total score 221
ranked no 227
july born.
last year ICHS lowest score offered at 221 so i am confuse.Can someone tell me if he has a chance or not.good luck to anyone who is waiting and congratulations to everyone who passed.
Hi Nayab69,
Is he ranked 127 or 227? There is a chance if ranked 127.
Regards.
Shagor21.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now