11plus - securing a place @ WCHS

Post by sathya74 »

NVR 61/75
SSS 111
VR 77/90
SSS 111
Total Score 222
Ranked 195

Can any one please tell me if there is a chance to get into WCHS?

Letter says "If your child's score is less than 220, it is recommended that you name an alternative school as it would be extremely unlikely that a Redbridge grammar place would be offered in the future - My child's score being 222, I believe she should comfortably get into WCHS - please can any one suggest?
ToadMum

Re: 11plus - securing a place @ WCHS

Post by ToadMum »

Unfortunately, you also need to look at the ranking - with a ranking of 195, you have to bet that ?75 (sorry, can't remember what the PAN is for WCHS) girls who are ranked higher on the list than your DD will either decide not to place the school highest on their CAF (or at least as their highest obtainable preference) or will turn down a place if it is offered.

For some schools, this is perfectly likely, but the greater the distance between PAN and your DD's ranking, the less the likelihood. However, as the school knows how many girls scored 222 and above and they are suggesting that these should reasonably apply, you may well have a very good chance :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vanityfair

Post by vanityfair »

Hi there, based on last years exam not this years I emphasize, I know someone whose DS got. Ranked 149 and did not get in. Sorry but I know no other info on performance. The CAF form preference system makes it tricky this year :?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vanityfair wrote:Hi there, based on last years exam not this years I emphasize, I know someone whose DS got. Ranked 149 and did not get in. Sorry but I know no other info on performance. The CAF form preference system makes it tricky this year :?
The equal preference system has been in place for several years - why does it cause problems this year??
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx