Ilford County Questions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tabassum101

Ilford County Questions

Post by Tabassum101 »

Hello all,

I would be very grateful if any existing Ilford County parent is willing to answer a few questions about the school? It wasn't possible to get answers for many of there on the Open Day

Thanks! Here goes:

1. How would you rate the opportunity for extra-curricular sports? My ds is particularly interested in football and cricket. Are there clubs for these?
2. What are the musical opportunities like for someone who is keen but not that advanced?
3. In reality, how heavy is the homework?
4. Can you choose which language your child opts for in Year 7?
5. We were told on the open day that there is alot of emphasis on assessments throughout the term in most subjects. What is that like? Is it stressful?
6. Is the teaching 'Outstanding'?
7. What is the Head like?
8. Is there a strong sense of community in the school?
9. Do your ds's really enjoy going to school?!
10. Any complaints/criticisms?
11. Would you say that the school has a Maths/Science bias?

Answers to any of these are much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tabassum.

PS: These questions were asked by another patents about a grammer school in the Surrey area and I though they were brilliant.
Tabassum101

Re: Ilford County Questions

Post by Tabassum101 »

Anyone? Any help?
kironkabir

Post by kironkabir »

To answer your questions:

1. How would you rate the opportunity for extra-curricular sports? A wide range of sports, inc rugby, swimming, football, table tennis, badminton, athletics etc.My ds is particularly interested in football and cricket. Are there clubs for these? Yes esp cricket. there's a batting cage. he'll fit right in
2. What are the musical opportunities like for someone who is keen but not that advanced? later on you will get a letter in the post from ICHS telling you if you want him to sign up for music classes per term/year, there's opportunities to take piano, guitar, etc
3. In reality, how heavy is the homework? it's about 1/2 hours per night + various creative curricular activities which are supposed to be fun
4. Can you choose which language your child opts for in Year 7? no choice, only french compulsory for yr7.
5. We were told on the open day that there is alot of emphasis on assessments throughout the term in most subjects. What is that like? Is it stressful? nope, not stressful, however be prepared for PE HOMEWORK
6. Is the teaching 'Outstanding'? it's adequate.
7. What is the Head like? he's leaving at the end of this academic year but he was nice and strict during his time here :twisted:
8. Is there a strong sense of community in the school? yes.
9. Do your ds's really enjoy going to school?! he enjoys it, everyone will find to be friends with, even the quiet kids. the school fosters an environment to study hard.
10. Any complaints/criticisms? no , it's a regular school,
11. Would you say that the school has a Maths/Science bias? to be honest, they have the same emphasis in year 7 as other schools.

Source: i have a brother in yr 7.
Tabassum101

Post by Tabassum101 »

Hi kironkabir,

Thanks for the insight and taking the time to write them. Really appreciate it.

Tabs.
kironkabir

Post by kironkabir »

If you've got any more questions, let me know
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now