Woodford County

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Dear LBSWM,

Thank you for such a heart warming message. It is nice to have someone who understands.

Thank you for looking for me, I did sort of go underground for a while as there has been so much to think about and try and sort out. Emotions to deal with, etc etc.

Thanks again for your kind words. Although they nearly started the tears off again!

By the way, a truck-load of congratulations on your son's pass! I wouldn't wish this on anyone, so I'm glad, genuienly glad, you've been spared.

Well...I'm beginning to post messages again, but I still can't bring myself to use the smiley emoticon.

xx
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

you've been spared.
Bo Peep,

GULP! Very true..always felt that the shoe could so easily have been on the other foot..seeing how many places are available for the children.

Makes you want to throttle someone :evil: anyone :twisted:

LBSWM
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Good luck Bo peep with your appeal, i really hope that it is successful, you and your son deserve it!! I am praying for you.

Joanne x
Karen

Post by Karen »

Bo Peep. I just want to say that I am still thinking of you, too. I so want everything to turn out well for you. You have a very talented son, who deserves better.

K.xx
concerned

woodofrd county tuition

Post by concerned »

Has anyone else heard about the Saturday school tuition for woodford county? A few of my sons friends have been attending for over a year and tell me that the tutor asks previous applicants to bring out their working out paper from the exam so that she can create appropriate questions - hence some of his friends say that they found the exam easy as they were very familiar with many of the questions on the paper. Surely this is grossly unfair to those that did not know or cannot afford this extra tuition?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Concerned

The following old thread may be of interest...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... .php?t=733

Patricia
fusspot99

Post by fusspot99 »

I can tell you from experience that this is common practice amongst tutors.

Even if children are not asked to bring out papers or workings out, most tutors will quiz children on the sorts of questions that came up in the exam.

I can also tell you that Redbridge are strict to the point of asking children to write their names on the scrap papers and chacking that they have every paper in before any child can leave.
#

Of course its not fair, but who ever said life is fair?
noor-happy

Re: Woodford County

Post by noor-happy »

My Daughter sat the woodford county exam aswell and overall came36th.
I Was not so sure if she would recieve a place (she found the non-verbal especially hard) however she did
Well Done to everyone-we've all tried our best
Thanks To everyone because this site has been exceedingly useful during the preperation for the exam :D :D :D
Im Sure our daughters have all triedtheir best
doing our best

Re: Woodford County

Post by doing our best »

noor-happy wrote:My Daughter sat the woodford county exam aswell and overall came36th.
I Was not so sure if she would recieve a place (she found the non-verbal especially hard) however she did
Well Done to everyone-we've all tried our best
Thanks To everyone because this site has been exceedingly useful during the preperation for the exam :D :D :D
Im Sure our daughters have all triedtheir best

Noor-happy - congratulations on your daughter's success. My daughter is taking the exam this year. I would be grateful if you would share your experience with me by PM? Also you say the site was exceeding useful, would you mind sharing your insights? Thanks in anticipation...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now