Woodford 8th December!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

just wondering how everyone felt after the redbrigde nvr today, my son said it was very difficult :(
shah

Post by shah »

my daughter is getting ready to sit her test this morning. all i can do now is pray that she does not get too nervous. to everyone taking their tests today good luck!
and i'm sure those who took the test yesterday would have done well too

Post by Guest »

hi this thread seems to have died a quick death.
just wondering how everyone felt about the NVR test? My daughter said that is was ok, certain parts were tricky others were simple. apparantly there were lots of codes

Post by Guest »

my son sat the exam on saturday and despite popular belief said the practise test was ok but the real test was much more difficult in comparison to the nfer pratise pack.He hasn't said much about the contains of the exam but said odd new ones were thrown in?

Post by Guest »

if there's a scale of 0-10, where the nfer 11A paper is number 10 (that's the one that seemed to be the hardest), my daughter reckoned the actual paper was about 9 to 9 1/2.
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

My child also sat the exam on sunday and she came out saying it was fine mum. Codes which she enjoys doing and felt that the practice papers was difficult.

Although she got 66/75 (works out to be 88%)

As i tutor children myself all of the children came out confident about the exam saying that all they practiced came up except 5 questions they had to guess.
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Glad to hear it went well :D

Post by Guest »

thank you guest for the scale analogy of the redbridge test my also reckoned it was around nfer 11a standard!

Sunday

Post by Guest »

I was curious to find that the majority of kids from my son's school took the test on Sunday, although I understood that you needed to take the test on Saturday unless there was a religious reason why not.

As I can only think observant Jewish children would not be able to take the test on Saturdays, I wonder why so many - maybe 8/12 of the children from my son's school - took the test on Sunday as none of them are Jewish.

It makes me wonder whether they just wanted to give their kids an extra day or was the paper given the same and they hoped to have word of what was in the paper although my son tells me it would not have been possible to have walked out with the paper and I'm not sure there is much benefit to be had with prior knowledge anyway.

Post by Guest »

that's strange because at our child's school that majority of child also did the test on sunday.
I think it's to give them an extra day pratice.
I DON'T THINK IT MAKES MUCH DIFFERENCE THOUGH
I too hae also wondered if they get the same paper. Does anyone out there know?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now