Dress code in woodford county high school for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: Dress code in woodford county high school for girls

Post by scary mum »

I thought schools were moving towards trousers for girls to avoid the "pelmet" sometimes worn where a skirt should be!
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:I thought schools were moving towards trousers for girls to avoid the "pelmet" sometimes worn where a skirt should be!
I think the intention was only to replace it with a different skirt (as opposed to moving to a 'trousers only' policy), but Southend girls voted strongly against an attempt to get rid of their kilt a few years back. To be fair, although some girls do turn over the waistband, very few attempt to wear the garment much shorter than the already quite generous maximum of ten centimetres above the knee and most wear it about half as much that above . At least they have a blouse worn outside the waistband to hide their efforts - really not a good look to roll over your waistband with a tucked-in blouse, girls - seriously :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
OldBean

Post by OldBean »

I'm not sure what this obsession with kilts is when we live so far from Scotland :lol: I don't wear skirts myself which I'm sure is a rebellion about having to wear such a hideous kilt for 5 years. Agree that we should have moved towards all schools having at least a trouser option or better a replacement. I don't like this bowing to religious groups wanting to cover girls head to toe in a misguided attempt at modesty however.
floaty

Post by floaty »

you can wear long skirts, lucilla in ilford do long sizes (not sure if John Lewis have same), but i have noticed that the skirt still comes just above the ankle for an average 5'3 12 year old. Call the school as they are quite accomodating. for PE the girls wear jogging bottoms.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now