School transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Angelic1

School transport

Post by Angelic1 »

Hi, my son goes to Beths Grammar and I wanted to know if anyone is aware of private school buses or coaches that travel from Ilford - Redbridge to Beths Grammar. I don't mind a private mini cab driver either.
Thanks
Tinkers

Re: School transport

Post by Tinkers »

How is he travelling to school at the moment? Is there a particular problem with that?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:How is he travelling to school at the moment? Is there a particular problem with that?
The Dartford crossing is one problem that springs to mind.

Bus, tube, tube, bus?

Tube, train, tube, bus?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Angelic1

Post by Angelic1 »

Well, he travels by car through the Blackwall tunnel. My husband is having a great time doing the school runs.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Angelic1 wrote:Well, he travels by car through the Blackwall tunnel. My husband is having a great time doing the school runs.
But you chose to send your DS to school there, surely? Congrats to him on the top 180 score, but didn't it occur to you that Redbridge isn't exactly the normal catchment area for a school in the London Borough of Bexley? Or did you originally live near to the school and were forced to move after your DS had started in year 7?

Is he on the CI list for ICHS? - or KEGS, or even SHSB, both of which are easily accessible from stations on rail lines out of Liverpool Street? Or WHSG on a direct line from Barking / Upminster.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx