Woodford County 11 PLUS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
arunindrajith

Woodford County 11 PLUS

Post by arunindrajith »

Hi All,
My daughter did the eleven plus exam today afternoon 13.30-16.45, at woodford county and she said that, they have given the harder test paper ( mentioned on the cd) and my friend's daughter also did in a different room and She said they didn't have the verbal Reasoning questions. I would like to know whether others had the same issue.
Thanks
Indrajith
Daogroupie

Re: Woodford County 11 PLUS

Post by Daogroupie »

Perhaps your friend's daughter did not recognise the VR questions as they are CEM questions not VR questions.

It is very unlikely that one room would miss out the VR which is 50% of the marks as they would have been finished a lot quicker.

Each student will have a mark for each of NVR, NR and VR so it would quickly come to light if one room had not done the VR. DG
ToadMum

Re: Woodford County 11 PLUS

Post by ToadMum »

arunindrajith wrote:Hi All,
My daughter did the eleven plus exam today afternoon 13.30-16.45, at woodford county and she said that, they have given the harder test paper ( mentioned on the cd) and my friend's daughter also did in a different room and She said they didn't have the verbal Reasoning questions. I would like to know whether others had the same issue.
Thanks
Indrajith
What exactly did she mean by 'didn't have the verbal reasoning'? Blank spaces on the sheet where the questions would have been, or all maths and NVR? Given how many 'CEM' workbooks and mock exams etc people all over the forum get their DC to do over the months before the test and the number of centres which administered exactly the same exam today, it seems odd the yours is the first 'DC said there was something really weird about the papers'.

On second thoughts, don't answer that, as it would count as giving away test content.

The papers will have been the same as those administered at CCHS, Latymer, the Slough Consortium etc, though, otherwise there could be no sharing of raw scores for standardisation with the various sub-cohorts to give candidates a score for the various schools they wish to apply to.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now