Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tutors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:16 pm 
Personally, I think that tutors are a bad idea. I think the children will start depending on the tutor for help and answers. Which is bad because when they are in the exam they will not have the tutor next to them and they might start to worry and completely muck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P

Post subject: Tutors Rule!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:06 pm 
I am not sure if Jane has put up the comment to be a devils advocate, but I would suggest to Jane that it is quite the contrary, since her argument can equally applied to parents! So better the children rely on experts! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:47 pm 
Let's face it. Sadly, there are really very few children who would pass the exam without some tutoring/extra help.

If you feel that a tutor suits you, use one (depends on your income and your working life, etc) but if you can do it yourself then fine.

Children get nervous because they get nervous, not because a tutor or a parent is or is not there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:36 pm 
Tutors are there merely to support the child not to give them answers (Jane!) :roll: I think that many children have the ability to pass the eleven plus exams but often schools do not give them sufficient support to do this. The more exposure they can get to different formats and past papers the beter and if parents are worried - ask your child's teacher for advice.

Post subject: hiya!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:59 pm 
umm please help me i need to know how to get a tutor please help i am new! :oops:

Post subject: hiya!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:00 pm 
umm please help me i need to know how to get a tutor please help i am new! :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:09 am 
To get a tutor, you can often find tutor agencies in your local newspaper (or have you checked those who advertise on Elevenplusexams). Otherwise, it is worth putting out feelers with other parents at your school - try to be subtle but you would be surprised how many other parents do use tutors.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:06 pm 
Personally I think if the child works well with a tutor and you put effort into your child too - it goes a very long way. Generally speaking it can raise your grades by 2.

I dont class it as cheating because if you embedd that into your child's lifestyle - in the long run it will benefit them greatly.

Post subject: tutors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:36 pm 
any tutors in se london for grammar schools in london and scholarships in private sch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:43 pm 

Hi P

Please read this post, which is available as a "Sticky" on this section:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?t=2603

Sally-Anne