Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:46 pm 

Hi
I don't really understand Why there is a topic for 11 Plus tutors as you can see a v few queries are answered to this and may be a few PM woul have been sent. If its not allowed to mention a tutor why this topic exists as parents sending their queries without knowing that there queries are not answered back clearly. It should be taken off from the site .The purpose of this topic should be parents who found any tutors excellent should be allowed to forward their name with the permission of the tutors . Hope other members would agree with this .
:D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:41 pm 

If members were allowed to post recommendations for their "fabulous" tutor on the forum there would inevitably be others who would disagree, and their comments could, on occasions, be libellous. Such problems have arisen in the past.

We would also be constantly monitoring the section for tutors promoting themselves using false identities.

Regarding the purpose of this section, there are plenty of threads on it where people have raised general issues about using a tutor, problems with tutors, how much to expect to pay, whether tutors are teaching the right materials, etc, etc.

Most of the unanswered requests for tutors are in the smaller 11+ areas such as Devon, although those members may well have received PMs that we don't know about.

Sally-Anne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 pm 

so, Find an 11 Plus Tutor -should be taken off as it confuse members

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:53 pm 

Eraldo wrote:
so, Find an 11 Plus Tutor -should be taken off as it confuse members

No, because it is still one of the central purposes of the section. Members request recommendations, they receive a PM, they find an 11+ tutor ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 pm 

so can any members send me a PM about a tutor -KS2& KS3 for maths & English in Reading area. I already searched the tutor sites so please forward me a tutor name not the site-Thanks :D