Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: real past papers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:19 pm 
My sister's children sat the 11+ in Trafford five or six years ago. She used a tutor for a few practice paper sessions. The tutor said that the papers that she was using were real ones used in previous years in Trafford schools.

Is this likely? Are primary school teachers who invigilate the test allowed to photocopy the question papers? Might this vary from area to area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:37 am 

Dear Intrigued

It is certainly NOT the case in Bucks. There are strict guidlines on administering the tests. On receipt tests are kept in a locked cupboard. All papers have to be accounted for, sent back by special courier etc etc.

I am aware of a couple of private schools who copied the papers and brought them out year after year for revision [ there are only so many questions NFER can come up with so there are bound to be crossovers.....also, I believe , that the tests come out in a rotational order ie the test given 5 yeays ago could be the test given next year or last year.] Unsure of the outcome of the investigation.

If a child misses the test through ill health or has come from another area they are given exactly the same test....another reason for strict controls of the wheabouts of these papers.

Bucks take [ quite rightly ] a strong line on this matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:26 pm 
The Latymer School in North London sells its past English and Maths tests as it sets its own new ones each year. They also sell all of the practice Athey papers in VR and NVR.