Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Scary tutors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:23 pm 
I 'phoned up to enquire of one tutor near me, and asked her price.

When she told me I commented 'gosh - that's double the price of private music tuition', and was told huffily "Well, you don't have to train at university for 3 years to teach music". I promptly replied that they did have to spend 3 years + at the Royal Acadamy of Music to teach my daughter, and that's as much a degree as from any other university!

She also insists that they all start in November this year for Nov '08 exams. Overkill, methinks, although she does pride herself on getting anyone through the exam. Would you want your child in a class with someone forced through the exam who held the rest of the class back?

Don't think we'll be using her!

Ay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:31 pm 
Hi Ay Non, Just a thing to think about - although she may pride herself on getting all her students through what happens when the poor children get to Grammar school and may not cope as they were so highly coached. Getting a Grammar place is only the beginning.

Regards
Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:24 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Hi Ay Non, Just a thing to think about - although she may pride herself on getting all her students through what happens when the poor children get to Grammar school and may not cope as they were so highly coached. Getting a Grammar place is only the beginning.

Regards
Val

In that case she's got a captive clientele if she teaches beyond 11+, as these poor children will all need extra tuition right through secondary school if they are going to keep up. :(