Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:18 pm 

can anyone please recommend a tutor for the bexleyheath/welling area please . My son is year 5 and although i Feel is more than capable i think he could do with some assistance and confidence for the actual test situation .

i am undecided as to whether the tuition centres or a one to one tutor is the best for him ... although am struggling to find a 121 with vacancies or recommendations

any advice greatly appreciated ...many thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:52 pm 

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations (other than school/PTA and non-commercial organisations) to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' negative posts, seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members - check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) - who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

• Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here

Kind regards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:40 pm 

Probably a bit late for tuition centres as their programmes started in September and most Tutors worth their salt will be booked up until end of Aug if not a year ahead. The tuition centres will probably take you if they have a place - I know they get them but it depends on how your DS best learns and what is left of the programme with really just a few weeks to the end of the summer term. We home tutored and also did some mock tests which helped with exam conditions and identifying areas of weakness. I assume you are trying for the Bexley grammars? DD sat Bexley (plus others) last September and key is vocab and timing. You may find browsing the Bexley and Bromley thread helpful. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 am 

I have pm ed you my recommendation