Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 11+ tutors in NE lancs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:53 pm 
I've been struggling to find any tutors for 11+ exams in my area. I've found plenty that deal with basic primary education but none with knowledge of 11+. Any ideas?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:26 am 

Hi Wendy,
Have you tried Skipton way for a tutor? I seem to think that's where most go for 11+ tuition around here, sorry I haven't got any contact details.

Will try and do some fishing for you.

Footymad.

If you start doing practice in the holidays(remember 9 weeks this year!) and you think he is not struggling, tuition by the parent should be sufficient.

I know some parents don't enjoy tutoring, or the child resents the parent tutoring.
I enjoyed the experience, got some quality time alone with my eldest daughter and great satisfaction from the fact that I gave her added confidence for the tests.

All the best.

Post subject: tutors skipton
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:44 pm 
sorry its took so long to get back to you. Thanks for the info and advice Footymad. Connor is now officially on th elist to do the exam and i've found a primary school teacher who wil work with him with me doing back up. Any help or insights to Ermysteds much appreciated. Apparently anyone who passed exams last 2 years got a place because of falling birth rates... Lots hope its true this year!

Connor has done some paractise papers and has done really well. The only questions he had problems with was some of the code ones. Apart from these he hardly got any wrong so with practise should get better and better - hopefully!
Is parents open evening next week so hopefullyy we will learn more then.

Thanks again

wendy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:53 pm 

Hi,
Glad you managed to get someone to help you. It's sounds as if he'll be okay. Yes it was a very low birthrate last year and I think everyone who passed got places at Ermysteds and SGHS.

I'll be busy buying uniform in the next 9 weeks, she can't wait to start at SGHS in September.

Footymad. :wink: