Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:12 pm 

Dear All,

I am a dad to 2 Girls age 6 (year 1) & 8 (year 4).

I'm a newbie to this site (only registered yesturday) and also to private tuition system in general wondered whether somebody could share their experience:

I am looking for a tutor in Hendon area in preparation for The Henrietta Barnett Grammar School.

Do you know a good tutor in Hendon/Finchley/Edgware/Kingsbury area?

I found a local children activity magazine and phoned up to enquire of their service. The lady I spoke to said, I left it too late (although my DD is still 8 and in year 4) and she claimed some of her pupils stared from Year 3. Finally she agreed for me to come and see her at the price £26 group and £35 1-2-1 (recommended once a month).

Am I really too late? We have being doing DIY tuition using SCHOFIELD & SIMS series books for mental arithmetic and English (spelling, vocabulary, grammar) , Bond assessment for V & Non V reasoning for over a year. Are these good materials to use?

Going through some of the posts in the forum (would like to thank some of regular participants), I have learned there are different materials for & Non V reasoning and Bond papers are not the favorites one. Although I have already bought all series, I don’t want to waste my & my children time on something that wouldn’t be needed to pass the exam (I know it would help in the long run). Should I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Mek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:13 pm 

Hi Mek,

I sent you a PM in response to your earlier request, did you get it?

Regards

Josa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:53 pm 

Thank you Josa for your help. I phoned the number and spoke to the Lady (didn't want to put names on forum).

I have discussed my circumstance and arranged to see her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm 

Hi. I am also looking for a tutor for my daughter in the Kingsbury/ Edgware/ Harrow area. I would be most grateful for any reccomendations.