Daily Regime After school

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nidausman1

Daily Regime After school

Post by nidausman1 »

hi,
my daughter is sitting for her 11+ CEM this september, was interested in knowing how much she should and what all she sold be doing on a daily basis? Pleasee helppp needed.
Daogroupie

Re: Daily Regime After school

Post by Daogroupie »

There is no one 11 plus CEM exam, some are a lot harder than others, some like HBS do not include NVR, some have shorter papers and shorter time. Where is she sitting? How much prep she does depends on what sort of marks she is getting in timed tests. Always, always time them. CEM is timing, that is a big part of what you are being tested on. DG
nidausman1

Post by nidausman1 »

Thanks for replying, she is going to sit for berkshire and buckinghamshire exams.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I would get the CEM English and Maths books from the forum shop and start doing one short test a day. DG
newdud

Post by newdud »

On the assumption that she is siting the exam in Sept 2015 build up the process of daily test paper.
At the beginning do not time the test, get her used to the test.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

This is a tricky one as it depends on the DC, their natural ability and where their weaknesses are. My DC is also sitting this year. His CAT scores were strong so on the nights he has activities or homework ( thankfully not too much) we don't do anything. If DC has a free night we work on English ( hour max), as his SATs levels are lower than they should be. Once a week we do a Scofield and Sims mental arithmetic which I will start timing after Easter, excellent maths teaching at his school takes the pressure off there. Hindsight has taught me it is good for DC to get used to doing something structured every evening and on the weekends by this age though Friday is a night off.
nidausman1

Post by nidausman1 »

Thankyou so much Tolstoy much appreciated .
My daughter does three new words of vocabulary every day along with either schofield and sim or bond test for maths and for English she is doing Athey and Epex comprehension and also vr and nvr bond books for both once a week.