HBS results are out. Please post here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

berks_mum

Re: HBS results are out. Please post here

Post by berks_mum »

Pengdizon, having arrived so far is an obvious indication that you have a very bright DD. She should do well wherever she goes. It could be possible that the exam was better suited for some girls and not for others. I hope you have some good back up options. Wishing all the best to you and your DD.
Pengdizon

Post by Pengdizon »

berks_mum wrote:Pengdizon, having arrived so far is an obvious indication that you have a very bright DD. She should do well wherever she goes. It could be possible that the exam was better suited for some girls and not for others. I hope you have some good back up options. Wishing all the best to you and your DD.

Thank you for your kind words berks_mum. Despite the disappointment, I am still happy with what she has done as I think the preparation and getting through those exams are already an achievement in itself for her and all the DC's who took it. Maybe it will not be seen as that in the short-term while we try to accept this setback. On the bright side, we are very fortunate that she got a place with St. Michael's. HBS is our first choice as it is only 15 minutes away from us while St. Michael's is about 30 to 40 minutes. We are still deciding on what indies to apply to but I am sure she will be fine wherever she goes.
sa05

Post by sa05 »

It's amazing how close the result was.
I have a few questions regarding HBS exams, please help if you can.
Does anyone know what the total score for HBS exam was?
Do the first round results count towards the final ranking or are they discarded?
Are both rounds age standardised?
sa05

Post by sa05 »

Sorry I found the reply to the last two questions on their website so only want to ask about the total for round 1.
Thanks
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

I also had an email today about my DD's scores which is 226.08. I only got this after about 6 email exchanges since friday. We are so heartbroken that she only missed it by less than 2 points. My DD and I just could not get over it. Again congratulations to those who made it.
Places do become available in other years. DD1 has a friend who has moved there this term (Y10) .
Pengdizon

Post by Pengdizon »

2Girlsmum wrote:
I also had an email today about my DD's scores which is 226.08. I only got this after about 6 email exchanges since friday. We are so heartbroken that she only missed it by less than 2 points. My DD and I just could not get over it. Again congratulations to those who made it.
Places do become available in other years. DD1 has a friend who has moved there this term (Y10) .

Thanks 2Girlsmum. That will be an option in the future. We will still try and apply to some indies and She also got place with St. Michael's which is just a bit further away from us compared to HBS. Thanks.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

My daughters are at St Michael's, in y10 and Y7, and they love it :D They work the girls (fairly) hard, but reward them with lots of fun trips...this academic year DD2 has already been to Stubbers (an adventure day/bonding trip for all Y7 girls) and the Tower of London. DD1 has been to Montpellier on a French trip for 5 days and the British Museum.
Pengdizon

Post by Pengdizon »

2Girlsmum wrote:My daughters are at St Michael's, in y10 and Y7, and they love it :D They work the girls (fairly) hard, but reward them with lots of fun trips...this academic year DD2 has already been to Stubbers (an adventure day/bonding trip for all Y7 girls) and the Tower of London. DD1 has been to Montpellier on a French trip for 5 days and the British Museum.

That is great to hear 2Girlsmum. Although we are still looking for a few indies to apply to, I know she will be happy at St Michael's if we get offered the place. Thanks.