Channing, Belmont, HBS, Latymer, Habs...???

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lemondrop

Re: Channing, Belmont, HBS, Latymer, Habs...???

Post by lemondrop »

I have sent you a PM :)
sa05

Post by sa05 »

Hi. Have you considered Palmers Green high school? I don't know much about the SEN their but I think it's worth finding out.
CrouchEndMum

Post by CrouchEndMum »

My daughter is in Year 7 at Channing. She is extremely happy, and we are delighted with the school. It might suit your daughter well. My main advice would be to go and see the schools - you will get a feel for how they differ. PM me if you'd like to know more about our experience of Channing.
planma

Post by planma »

I hadn't even heard of Palmer's Green High School! Thanks, will investigate.

And thanks, CrouchEndMum - I'll PM you.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Another very satisfied Channing parent here! I cannot imagine why someone could heartily dislike it. It's a very supportive yet stretching school. Search my posts for more waxing lyrical....
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

Oh yes Palmers Green is a little gem, everyone I know there is very happy, it's very nurturing, one of DS's friends is going there in Sept. I didn't suggest it because I thought it might be too far for you from Crouch End. Have a look.

It's horses for courses with schools, personally I didn't like Channing but everyone is different. If we all wanted the same school there would be even more chaos than there is now!!
sa05

Post by sa05 »

My youngesr DD will be starting in PGHS in September. I really liked the school and will possibly be moving to Crouch End in the summer. There are no state school places in the area so I had to consider private school for her. I did consider Channing and Highgate for logistic reasons but there are no places.
PGHS seems lovely, it's worth looking into. Yes travelling is a bit of an issue but it's better than DCs travelling for hours. We are talking about 30-45 min.
copella

Post by copella »

Sa05 not sure where you live, but last time I looked there were plenty of state places in the Palmers Green area, not only can pupils get into Southgate or Winchmore hill but there's Latymer and DAO too.
sa05

Post by sa05 »

We might be moving to Crouch End and there are no places in the schools that are in our catchment area.
copella

Post by copella »

Sorry clearly did not read your posts correctly. Also heard Good things about palmers green high. Know a mum who,works there and a couple of girls. It is small but good pastoral support, haven't heard anything negative and they get good results.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now