QE A level cull

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: QE A Level Voluntary Cull

Post by tiffinboys »

School adjudicator's decision about Tiffin School's year 12 admission arrangements.
view topic: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38837

Might benefit QE children in relation to QE School's policy regarding subject choices at A Level, if taken up with the Adjudicators.
MSC

Post by MSC »

future wrote:Cruel if one doesn't live up to their potential for whatever reason and don't make the required standard to progress to 6th form. It is not a bolt out of the blue on the last day of term. Their under performance is managed through the year with continual guidance and communication to parents. A friend of my DS had to leave to join a 6th form college because he wasn't allowed to take maths if he stayed on. He went to to get his A at the 6th form college and is now at LSE. My DS made the mark, stayed on and got his goals. The school is nowhere near the cruel reputation this thread suggests. It is a highly performing (if not the best) state school in the country and there are bound to be some who don't quite make that grade.
A good, real and balanced view from the inside. Thank you Future!
MSC

Post by MSC »

Just a thought, the main gripe seems to be that QE did not tell or lied to parents at Year 7.

May I ask, honestly, if you were told exactly about it, would you have pulled your child out from QE?! Honestly, would you?
yesaar

Post by yesaar »

I definitely wouldn't have. That would mean that I wouldn't have confidence in my son.
MSC

Post by MSC »

yesaar wrote:I definitely wouldn't have. That would mean that I wouldn't have confidence in my son.
Exactly. I wouldn't either.
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Horses for courses. Wish you all Good Luck.
gazzag

Post by gazzag »

The "cull", all boys and a more difficult journey has us place QE Boys as number three on our list after Latymer and DAO. Nonetheless, it does look to be a fantastic school and we most certainly wouldn't be turning down a place if our son achieved the standard required.

We are still a year off making a final decision and our ranking may well change. If anything, I suspect our son would respond quite positively to the often mentioned regimented approach at QE Boys.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now