HBS - how many really sat the second test??

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wondering

HBS - how many really sat the second test??

Post by Wondering »

Hi,
My daughter failed to get into HBS, not a disaster as we have now accepted an indie.
I was rather taken aback when I received the waiting list letter yesterday which indicated her place on the waiting list was in the 350s. If 370 sat the test (and not taking into account all those allocated a higher preference), the waiting list should end in the 270s.
I know there was some discussion earlier in the year about whether more girls had been invited back to the second test. I wonder if anyone can confirm this was the case?
I don't particularly mind if my daughter did have that rank, though it would be a surprise why she did that badly, but I also wonder if it could have been a typo? Too embarassed to ring the school in case I get something like "yeah your DD got the lowest mark"!
Thanks
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

I'm going there tomorrow and will try to remember to ask
surfcrazy

Post by surfcrazy »

I was told 372. 93 top places were made offers. Not all of these had HB as 1st choice, so waiting list letters I believe have also been sent to children who didn't have HB as 1st choice,something. the school I believe did not know at the time of letters being sent ,so adhering to srict ranking order.
I am sorry your daughter didn't quite get there, but if you think something really strange has happened you can always request feedback from the school (letters usually receive a better response). Luckily your daughter has the indie to fall back on. Which one is it?
HB is a very difficult school at the best of times, but from this forum and playground gossip,this year appears to have been even more daunting.
I wish your daughter every success in her new school,I am sure she will love it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now