Welcome to the ElevenPlusExams forum.
To keep the Forum informative and enjoyable we have both Rules and guidance on good Forum Etiquette.
Breaches of Forum Rules may result in posts being edited by a moderator, a warning, a temporary ban or a permanent ban, depending on the severity of the matter. Repeated breaches of Forum Etiquette will be dealt with in the same way. All decisions made by the moderator team are final.
Please remember at all times that membership of this Forum is a privilege, NOT a right. If a post you have made is edited or removed by a moderator, please think about why it has happened. Forum Rules
1. Name calling, insults and “flaming” (provocative or hostile posting) are not permitted. Threads that descend into a flame war may be locked or removed temporarily or permanently from the Forum.
2. Posts that may cause offence or are simply inappropriate, that may incite religious or racial hatred, or contain potentially libellous comments, will be removed without warning.
3. Swearing, profanity and ******* in place of swear words will not be tolerated.
4. No trolling. Suspected trolls may be banned without warning. Members should heed this wise advice: Don’t feed the troll!
5. Forum members who are believed to be using multiple user names, or who use a disposable or temporary email address to register, may be banned without warning. Subsequent re-registrations by the same member may also be banned.
6. Links or references to external websites will be permitted solely at the discretion of moderators.
Please note that links or references to blogs and commercial websites are not
normally allowed (but see no. 7 below.)
Any post deemed to be promotion of a product or service, whether related to the 11+ or not, will be treated as spam.
Unsolicited advertising via Private Message is spam, and members sending such PMs will be banned without warning.
7. Mentions of household names (e.g. Tesco, Amazon, etc) are usually permitted on the Forum.
Posts on topics that are "below the radar", such as a request for recommendations for guinea pig hutches, are generally permitted.
If members are in any doubt they should contact Moderators before posting.
Announcements relating to practice 11+ tests are usually permitted if organised by a school or PTA or charity.
Posts about the sale of second-hand items are not normally allowed. However, at the discretion of Moderators, an exception may be made in the case of long established members who wish to sell second-hand 11 plus material - but permission should be sought before posting.
(We commend the suggestion made by a member: "We gave all ours away; there were loads of books. They went to a family who were putting their child through 11+. We didn't want any money for them. I think they are on their fourth round now. There is nothing better than the act of charity especially when it comes to books
8. To maintain the highest quality of information on the Forum, mentions of 11+ preparation materials that are not available on this site are not permitted.
9. 11+ authors making posts about practice papers (theirs or others) must identify themselves as such in their signature.
10. Recommendations for tutors are only permitted if made by Private Message, not on the Forum, provided it is in response to specific request. Any unsolicited recommendations sent to forum members will be treated as advertising and result in banning of membership.
11. Images and pictures are generally only permitted on Rehab and must not be likely to cause offence. Images carrying the copyright symbol are not permitted.
12. Copyright must be acknowledged when posting extracts from published material on the Forum. Forum Etiquette
1. Be polite. Even though you are looking at a computer screen and cannot see other members, they are real people who have feelings.
2. “Think first, post second.” A post may not always read the same to others as it does to you. Review your post before submitting it and consider how it will be received by others. If your post is misinterpreted and causes offence, explain and apologise.
3. Staying on topic is a courtesy to the Original Poster. Threads that go off topic may be split, edited, or locked. Posters who persistently go off topic will receive a warning from a moderator.
4. Emoticons (smileys) are useful to add the correct tone to a post, but too many of them become irritating. Don’t over-use them.
5. Over-large signatures make the Forum difficult to read, so please keep your signature brief. Offensive signatures will be removed.
6. The use of CAPITAL LETTERS on internet forums is considered to be shouting. Please use sentence case in both thread titles and posts.
7. Please post in proper words, not text-speak, and avoid the use of abbreviations that may be unfamiliar to other posters.
8. Private messages are useful for personal chat and confidential information, but before sending a PM, consider whether your question would be best placed on the open forum so that the replies can benefit others.
9. The edit button is a useful facility for making corrections and minor amendments for a period of up to a week after posting, but should not be used in such a way as to distort a thread, or spoil it for other members. It can be helpful if reasons for the edit are given.Moderators' decisions in all matters, including the interpretation and application of forum rules, are final.
Please see also the FAQs
, some of which form part of the 'Rules & Guidance'.