Allocation Day 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bewildered

Allocation Day 2009

Post by Bewildered »

Gosh Berks board is quiet and so close to Allocation day.

Are there any other Parents waiting for the 2nd March online results or 3rd/4th postal results?

Only 9 or (for postal)10 days left.
passinby

allocation day

Post by passinby »

Hi Bewildered,

Don't know about other parents, but I'm quite anxious now, both about the results we'll get and whether I made the right decisions in terms of applications. I've been passing by the forum every day of late, to the extent I'm getting giddy, not even looking for anything particular. Knowing others in similar position just helps. I especially enjoyed the 11+ rehab thread which I only discovered recently. Probably wouldn't have understood it before anyway, think you have to get to this point to get the point ! To cheer myself up, have bought a bottle of bubbly to celebrate or commiserate on NAD, whichever it be. :wink:

Passinby
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Hi Passinby,
Glad to see I'm not the only one anxiously waiting.
DS has thankfully quite forgotten about the whole thing; he's more worried about which friend he can have over to tea next :D Whilst I hover over this site, in limbo. :(
Hermione

Post by Hermione »

Hi Bewildered and Passinby, I'm waiting too!
I thought DD had put thoughts of allocation day to the back of her mind but now she tells me daily how many days it is to go.
I alternate between wishing I had opted for the online notification and then thinking maybe post is still emotionally best for us. I know quite a few girls who got in from the waiting list so I figured (at application time) that the 1st class post letter from Kendrick was the way to find out. I don't feel quite so calm about it all now!
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

And we are waiting too ... :(

I have been looking through last year's thread for allocation day and see that some people got their results on Saturday 1 March 2008. Is there any prospect of schools posting results next Friday, so that they arrive on Sat Feb 28th? I know that allocation day isn't until Monday 2nd ...

If there is any prospect of this happening I would like to be prepared :shock: . Until I read the thread it hadn't occurred to me that we might hear before the 2nd. We applied online but gave Kendrick an envelope with a first class stamp - but when will they post it?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Hello Hermione,
Welcome to the forum. :D
I forget that Kendrick and Reading Letters are 1st class postage; so should arrive on 3rd at earliest.
Torrylee last year the Reading grammars advised that they would post out on the 29th Friday to arrive on Sat 1st at earliest.
Unfortunately this year they have both advised they will post out on same day as LEA's ...2nd. As will all the Slough grammars.
The LEA allocation letters are posted out 2nd class, therefore may not arrive until the 4th.

If online is working, then presumably, you should be able to see allocation result via your online application just after midnight on 2nd. I did call our LA, who advised that the glitch that had caused last years problems have been resolved. But jury is still out as to the authenticity of this :roll:
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Thanks BW, it is helpful to know when to expect the all important letter. As you say, online results will be great if the systems work. I guess 'waiting list' people don't know that they are waiting list people until letters arrive though. Just thinking through all the eventualities, to pass the time ... :(
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Torrylee wrote: I guess 'waiting list' people don't know that they are waiting list people until letters arrive though. Just thinking through all the eventualities, to pass the time ... :(
Torrylee, those aren't fun eventualities, methinks.
I'm not sure how I'd feel if came to 'waiting list'. More worry I think. But upside is that they still have a chance, and children all go through stages, so may come into their own later, if they did get in. :)
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

No, no fun at all. Judging by last year's posts up to 20% of the current year 7 at Kendrick joined from the waiting list but of course in the current economic climate there may be fewer people who turn down a place there this year. Somebody who had originally been at number 20 on the waiting list was finally offered a place in the June.

Anyway - time to stop worrying about waiting lists - we'll all just have to cross that bridge if we come to it :?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Another consideration is that in DS1's class they have had two leave and therefore had two new additions since Sept. Presumably these boys were off the waiting list and mid year have left current schools to join grammar. So the list doesn't actually stop at the beginning of the school year in Sept.
The problem at that point would be deciding on move DC out of new school where they are presumably just settling in.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now