Hopeful Parents to very Pleased Parents!!!!!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopeful Parents

Hopeful Parents to very Pleased Parents!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hopeful Parents »

Just got back from a fabulous weekend away, which we had planned as a "for simply doing your very best" weekend, but got fantastic news on Friday.

Daughter got 129 & 136 :lol:

We are very proud of her for all the hard work & dedication she put in prior to the tests, she had a dream & went for it 100% & boy did it pay off ! :lol:

We are extremely sorry for anyone who has just missed the cut-off, please appeal if you feel a Grammar School place is the right school for your child, as only YOU, as parents, know your child best !

Extremely Happy Mum & Dad !!
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

I'm really pleased for you, what a lovely welcome home!

My son was not successful despite lots of work, but I bet your daughter is thrilled! I hope she is happy in her new school next year.

Best wishes

JuliaB
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear JuliaB

You are one of those good people on this forum who, despite disappointing news and the stress of an impending appeal, can still find time to congratulate others. I do admire you for that.

Nice too to hear from parents who have something to celebrate but still spare a thought for others.
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations HP now VHP!

Wonderful results, and a great weekend too.

I do agree with Etienne - I think that the kindness and selflessness that people show on this forum is exceptional. Good for you JuliaB.

Sally-Anne
Hopeful Parents

Post by Hopeful Parents »

Many thx for Congrats ! It is absolutely right to spare thoughts for those whose children didn't receive such good news and may have appeals to go through. It is soul destroying as a parent to watch your child so upset, worst is not being able to show how upset inside you are!

This forum is a fantastic place, I how all new 11+ candidates in the future find it & and find it as useful as we have.

Good luck to all those appealing ! :lol:

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your comments... I remember how pleased I was when my eldest passed Berks and Bucks tests with flying colours, so I do indeed share your joy and it is not hard for me to be happy for you.

You know my son had low scores... if an appeal is successful, you can be sure you will be the first to hear about it. I am going to do lots of research, talking to anyone who will listen and doing my absolute best to get a place.

As the saying goes: Keep Calm, and Carry On.

Well done again!!

JuliaB
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hopeful parents, that's brilliant news. :D

All the best,

Catherine
dissapointed mum

Appeals support

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi JuliaB.
I agree with all the comments about you, you have been so supportive to all, and its nice to read the comments you have made even though your news wasnt the news you were hoping for. I am in the same position as you and have begun my case for appeal. Its a long road ahead but with all the supoort and encouragement that is available on this site, I am sure we can get through the next stage without too much distress. If you would like to email me on the PM for any support from someone going through the same as yourself Id love to hear from you. Perhaps we can support each other through the next couple of agonising weeks.
My best wishes go to you, and all others in the same position.Goodluck to you too Ambridge, Ive followed your progress too, and am sorry to hear your bad news aswell.
Disappointed mum
usa

Post by usa »

Dear Disappointed Mum and Julia B (and anyone else that has not quite made the mark),
Just to let you know that we are all supporting you and thinking of you as you start the appeal process. I remember quite a few years ago, having to go thru it with my eldest as we tried to get him into Reception in a decent primary - the anguish, anxiety..........even despair sometimes. But you have time now to put a decent appeal forward and this Forum to guide you.........and guide you they will!!! You are not alone.
Well done to all those that have passed - that is very good news for you all.
And..............before you all ask..............no, I dont know yet!! Spoke to BCC this morning (our time), who cannot give anything away on the phone (!) but will send our letter out to America.............that's nice...
USA

Post by Guest »

well done hopeful parent, and all those who were sucessful, my thoughts are also with julianB, DISAPPOINTED MUM ,and all the others who didn't quite make it, like it's been said before go for an appeal if you fel it's the right thing for your child.USA ,I hope you don't have to wait too long for your results! it's so unfair they cannot give it to you over the phone!
all the best to everyone for the future.
Romana.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now