caterham school or Christs hospital

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shewe

Post by shewe »

Please help i need advice.. My son has been offered a place at Ch and also caterham, he was offered a schorlarship at Caterham. Not sure which one to go for now, the letters from both schools headmasters which was included with the letters of offer was so encouraging i which my son could attend both schools. Any advice re these schools would be highly appreciated. I need to make up my mind before the end of next week and get back to the schools. if you were in my shoes which one would you go for any why.
shewe

Post by shewe »

forgot to mention that caterham school is an indie school in surrey
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You could go round both again - spend time in them and talk to pupils.

Other people's advice is just that - what someone else thinks! You need to think which school is best for YOUR child - which 'feels' right - don't just look at results ....
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hi and congratulations!

Couldn't agree with G55 more, you will get as many opinions as there are people and you have no way of knowing how well founded they might be. No doubt your DC will be fine at either, that said, since you asked, if it were me I'd definitely go for CH, all other things being equal .

Good luck
mad?
piers3

Post by piers3 »

My Ds has also been offered a place at CH. If you haven't already discovered The Unofficial Christ Hospital forum it is a helpful source of information but as others have said you must decide on what school will suit your child [/url]http:///www.chforum.info[/url]
shewe

Post by shewe »

Thanks piers3.
i have looked at the CH unofficial website. It actually contains both negative and positive comments. I am sure that my son would thrive in both schools. Academically Caterham seems to be above CH. i have also visited both schools and both schools seem to be lovely. However i am aware that no one really knows a school very well until ones child attends the school. any wdvice from parents or old students of both schools would be appreciated.
deha

Re: caterham school or Christs hospital

Post by deha »

[quote="shewe"]Please help i need advice.. My son has been offered a place at Ch and also caterham, he was offered a schorlarship at Caterham. Not sure which one to go for now, the letters from both schools headmasters which was included with the letters of offer was so encouraging ..

You can also see other people's opinion in 'Sussex' section on this forum!
The different views on the thread under 'Christs hospital exams' are particularly interesting especially from one of the ex-CH Student.
I also agree with Guest55's views...do your research carefully and you will certainly know the right thing to do!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now