[color=blue]Only A Week Left!!![/color]

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kelannhugh

Only a week left!!!!

Post by kelannhugh »

Can't believe the wait is almost over, all the months and weeks of waiting is finally at a end. This time next week our letters will be posted and on the way to us.

Good luck everyone

Kelannhugh xx
Dee

result day

Post by Dee »

What a re people doing about sending the children into school on the day. Our post doesn't get her before 1 o'clock which is a very long time to wait!! I think my DS will want to know b4 he goes into scooll :roll:
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hurray! Some Wirral people at last! Where you been?
Yes, not long now.
Last year I sent my daughter in to school and sat with an unopened envelope for several hours until she arrived home (very difficult). Always think that's best because if you are standing at the gate waving their good news around then that is not very sensitive to those who have not passed and if it is bad news then it is not sensitive to your child who is possibly upset in public.
I always think it is good to be proud but modest if they have done well. Just good manners.
Happily it was good news for my daughter and I sincerely hope that you all have the same good news too. Best of luck to you all. I know how stressful it all can be and I will be tuning in on results day and wishing you all the best!
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for that notion potion. I will probably do similar.
Good luck all
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

I've been looking most days to see if anyone is feeling the stress and it's been really quiet on this site.

I find it hard to talk to anyone about the results at school as it's a testing time for parents and no one wants consider the other options if the result is not the one they wanted.

Although my daughter is not too worried about the result she doesnt want to be the only one out of the three not to make it. I think she would rather know before she went to school.

Is it Monday or Tuesday letters arrive?

I'm starting to feel really worried and wished I had paid for a tutor. I've even been looking at private high school entrance exams just in case.

Anyone else feeling like this please speak up!

Kelannhugh xx
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hello Wirral,

Dee wrote:
Our post doesn't get her before 1 o'clock which is a very long time to wait!!
Last year I asked our postman if I could pick up our post from the sorting office. Maybe you could do this? Just make sure your son doesn't open the letter whilst you're trying to cross a busy road. Like my son did when I wasn't looking :roll: .

Kellanhugh wrote:
[Is it Monday or Tuesday letters arrive?
It will be Tuesday :D .
I'm starting to feel really worried and wished I had paid for a tutor. I've even been looking at private high school entrance exams just in case.
Don't worry about not having a tutor, I didn't have one for mine and had the same worries as you. If you've covered all 21 types you'll be fine :D .

Good Luck for next week to everone waiting.
Scatshouse.
Dee

Post by Dee »

The sorting office is a good idea :roll:
Does anyone know what time the Hoylake sorting office opens?
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi Dee,

Ask your postman/woman what time they pick up the post from the sorting office and ask if you can go before them :D .

I remember we went twice as the post hadn't been dropped before 8. Went back about 8.20 and the letters were there. This was Upton so Hoylake may be different. Phone them!

Can't believe it's been a year.

Scatshouse.
Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi Scatshouse

thanks for that.I have tried to phone to check opening times but noone picks up. i'll look out for the postman this morning!. I'm starting to sound desperate!!!! it's just that our post comes after 12 and I don't think I can bear the tension!!!
sugarpuss

results day

Post by sugarpuss »

Hi, what day can we expect the results, I am told they are posted on 3rd March, does that mean to expect them to arrive on the 4th?
sugarpuss
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now