Scores on the doors 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Shrimpergarry

Scores on the doors 2009

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Just got the e-mail from CSSE so thought I'd start a new thread - I for one have found these really helpful and comforting that the scores you need to get in are not as high as rumour would have it.

Here goes:

Your child’s raw scores in the three tests are as follows:
English Score 45/50
Mathematics score 30/40
Verbal Reasoning Score 61/80

standardised, weighted score of: 364.849

Chelmsford County High School | Total Applicants 731 | Your Ranked Position 44 | Applicants on your ranked list 731 |

Southend High School for Girls * | Total Applicants 709 | Your Ranked Position 18 | Applicants on your ranked list 301 |

Westcliff High School for Girls * | Total Applicants 805 | Your Ranked Position 22 | Applicants on your ranked list 457 |
emsharpe

Post by emsharpe »

We havent received our letter from admissions yet as I applied by post (should get it tomorrow). So can someone please confirm for me that we are okay to get excited with these scores (Colchester was our first choice).

English Score 44/50
Mathematics score 33/40
Verbal Reasoning Score 49/80
These three results are adjusted to take account of any variations in the difficulty of different papers each year and combined to produce your child's overall, standardised, weighted score of: 349.871

This score is used to determine your child's place on each of the "offer lists" of your chosen school. The CSSE Office has supplied the relevant Local Authority with the position of your child on each of the offer lists of the schools for which you expressed a preference. This information is shown in the table below and we also include the total number of selective applicants for each of your chosen schools.

Chelmsford County High School | Total Applicants 731 | Your Ranked Position 118 | Applicants on your ranked list 731 |
Colchester County High School | Total Applicants 509 | Your Ranked Position 48 | Applicants on your ranked list 509 |
Westcliff High School for Girls * | Total Applicants 805 | Your Ranked Position 60 | Applicants on your ranked list 457 |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

I should crack open the champagne if I were you! 48th on the list for Colchester is well in! Congratulations!
emsharpe

Post by emsharpe »

Shrimpergarry wrote:I should crack open the champagne if I were you! 58 on the list for Colchester is well in! Congratulations!
48 you mean :wink:

Cant believe it to be honest. I have felt sick all day and presumed she wouldnt get in - minimal amount of tutoring and state primary. We always said if she passed on her own merit she deserved to go there. Feeling quite proud at the moment.
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

I hoped I'd edited my error before anyone noticed!!!

We're in exactly the same boat as you (state primary, no tutor) so empathise completely!
Ultramarine

Post by Ultramarine »

Hi everybody! My DD got through to Chelmsford girls' school. Her scores were:

Raw scores: English 37/50, Mathematics 32/40, Verbal Reasoning 62/80
Overall, standardised, weighted score: 355.879

Chelmsford County High School | Total Applicants 731 | Your Ranked Position 84 | Applicants on your ranked list 731 |
Colchester County High School | Total Applicants 509 | Your Ranked Position 31 | Applicants on your ranked list 509 |
Westcliff High School for Girls * | Total Applicants 805 | Your Ranked Position 48 | Applicants on your ranked list 457 |

Good luck to all :lol: :lol: :lol:
emsharpe

Post by emsharpe »

Shrimpergarry wrote:I hoped I'd edited my error before anyone noticed!!!

We're in exactly the same boat as you (state primary, no tutor) so empathise completely!
Your scores are fab, well done to your daughter!
moved

Post by moved »

English Score 35/50
Mathematics score 31/40
Verbal Reasoning Score 67/80

These three results are adjusted to take account of any variations in the difficulty of different papers each year and combined to produce your child's overall, standardised, weighted score of: 358.494

Chelmsford County High School | Total Applicants 731 | Your Ranked Position 73 | Applicants on your ranked list 731 |
Colchester County High School | Total Applicants 509 | Your Ranked Position 27 | Applicants on your ranked list 509 |
Southend High School for Girls * | Total Applicants 709 | Your Ranked Position 12 | Applicants on your ranked list 408 |
St Bernards High School & Arts College | Total Applicants 155 | Your Ranked Position 7 | Applicants on your ranked list 155 |
Westcliff High School for Girls * | Total Applicants 805 | Your Ranked Position 12 | Applicants on your ranked list 348 |
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

I think it's time for some not so good scores!

The overall, standardised, weighted score of: 345.535

He really cocked up the VR, but allocated SHSB
4u4life

Post by 4u4life »

Feeling really sick :cry:

DS got 302.273 cut off for SHSB and WHSB is 303 so I believe thats us out.

As I understand it we wont even be able to go on the waiting list is that right? :cry: