Scores for admission to High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MChelt

Scores for admission to High School

Post by MChelt »

Hi ! Has anyone heard the lowest Pate's score accepted for admission to Denmark Road this year ?Have children with Pate's scores of 220 been accepted ?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Hi MChelt, I thought I'd let you know that the County school results are arriving today. I have just received my sons score for Tommy's.

On another thread Glos-mum has mentioned that some one who passed for Tommy's didn't get in. I think the both schools new admission criterea of using a combined score rather than two individual 105 passes has raised the 210 score that would usually gain a place.

Sorry I can't be of any real help but I don't know anyone who opted for Denmark as only 3 boys took the test from my DS's school.
alisonc

Denmark Road High School for Girls

Post by alisonc »

My daughter has been accepted for Denmark Road. So glad because we are in catchment for Dene Magna comp and have been a bit worried about losing her a place there. Looking at this forum, is it possible that lot's of parents have opted for Ribston over Denmark Road? Could there be spare places at Denmark Road? I've been told that 10 girls were accepted there on appeal last year. I'm intrigued.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I've been told that 10 girls were accepted there on appeal last year. I'm intrigued.
If you look at the other thread that I started on the annual admissions forum report the actual number of successful High School appeals last year was 25(out of 55 heard)

GM
Milla

Post by Milla »

as I think I've said elsewhere on here, something strange happened last year - certainly half a dozen girls at our primary were invited by DRd to appeal! and did and all but one got in. I think it was a case of sufficient high enough scores, but failing one paper, resulting in a shortfall for the school in terms of children achieving both score AND both papers passed. Not much help for this year.
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

Those who have been visiting here over the last few years will know that Denmark Road has been strange for some time. 90+ places offered out of a IAN of 116 is typical.

The result as been that up to 25 girls not offered places initially have got in on appeal. These are girls who failed the test. As far as I know they are handling grammar school quite well. It makes one view the pass mark as rather arbitrary.

No explanation has ever been forthcoming from the School AT.
MarkyBoy1972

Post by MarkyBoy1972 »

I thought the reason why Denmark did not fill its allocation last year was due to the requirement to achieve 105 standardised score on EACH paper... whereas this year they have simply asked for a total standardised score of 210 - meaning that more children should, in theory, met the required standard and get in.

Not sure if ths helps but there have been quite a lot of comments about this in other threads.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

You are quite right markyboy-the same applies for Tommies too
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now