appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tillytonk

appeals

Post by tillytonk »

I am gathering evidence for my daughters appeal and academically I have no problem. She is predicted all 5s.(She was 2 5s and a 4a at the end of year 5) In her standardised tests she scored 127 for maths and 124 for english.( I do not fully understand the scoring but believe this to be good, I have another meeting with her teacher this week) Her teacher is coming with me to our appeal and My daughter is also in the gifted and talented group at school and so takes place in various workshops in other schools with like minded children. Her 11+ score was 217, the pass being 220. I have samples of her work to take, she is in the top groups for all subjects and always has been. We are fully supported by the headteacher and will have letters to state this. However I have no mitigating circumstances at all! In fact my D thinks that paper 1 was awful when in fact she scored 114( which was low compared to her practice papers but still a pass) and she scored 103 in paper 2 which she can do with her eyes closed usually!Any ideas what to do or say?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The only advice anyone can give is to tell the truth! - and hope that, with a score so close to the pass mark, the panel won't be too concerned about mitigating circumstances.

Good luck
Etienne
OLA

Post by OLA »

I wish you the best .
happy
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now